Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello,

I'm still sort of new and still getting used to VX Ace, but i was wondering if someone can help me.

Change Actor Bug.jpg
So i am just trying to figure out how i can change the sprite of the player actor, JUST the sprite, not the class or equipment to anything. I have got a simple event of a choice to yes, change, or no, but no matter what i try it doesn't work. Just to be clear, i only want to change the sprite graphics, because i know that I can add another party member and remove, but i really want it to seem like the character is just changing clothes, not level and skills as well.

If that doesn't make sense then i will try and explain better, but if anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it or has a small tip to get around it without having to dive into level limits and the like, your help would be greatly welcome.

Thank you :)

(sorry if the image doesn't work, I'm new to this forum setup)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You need to have your sprite on a proper sprite sheet. This will mean editing your original sprite to show the new clothes. You then choose that sprite.

Your sprite will not change into a cloak on a clothes stand, which is what your event is showing.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you for replying,

Ok, I'm using the actor's eric and natalie in this example so they already have their own sprite sheets in the software, do the sprites have to be on the same sprite sheet for it to work? All i see is that i have to change the actor, i can't even could a different spritesheet?

Also the cloak stand is just a event graphic, i don't want to change into it XD

I'm so lost -_- ugh

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
select the actor and select *the new* graphic?
it really is as simple as that.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you used all steps neccessary for the command?

1) select in the drop down list which actor to change the graphics of.
The pictures will now show the default sprites/face of that actor

2) doubleclick on any of the pictures to select which new sprite or fact the selected actor should get.

3) click OK only after the new images are selected.

If you omit the second step, nothing will change.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Fixed it!

I think it was the double click, i was just changing the actor itself for whatever reason. I feel so stupid now... -_-

Thank you everyone that helped :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sorry, lot of unexpected hospital things. I'm trying. Life is hectic atm. I know it must seem like I say this every week. XD Anybody wanna trade me for awhile so I can game test and game make?
I love running events, I hate setting up all the awards at the end. >_> But you know, gotta do it :B :B :B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerodynamic877