Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
When you use "Change Actor Image" in a game deployed for browser in the browser it cause game to load indefinitely.

I am changing them to "Set Movement Route...change image" and its working.

If someone could post the script for changing facesets I'm hoping that will be the work around for when I get to that part, and I was sure there was a Bug thread but I could not find it so sorry if this is really not meant to be in this part of the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The update thread has a template for bug reporting.

There are four functions called when you use the Change Actor Images command.  It would be interesting for you to try them one by one and see if there's a particular one that causes the issue.

$gameActors.actor(id).setCharacterImage("characterimagename", index);

$gameActors.actor(id).setFaceImage("faceimagename", index);

$gameActors.actor(id).setBattlerImage("battlerimagename");

$gamePlayer.refresh();

Any of those lines could cause it.  So if you test, just put one of them into a script call, deploy, and see if it freezes up.  When you're doing the first three, because you're not calling $gamePlayer.refresh(); you might not see the result immediately on the map.  But you will know whether it's going to load quickly or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.
Electro Swing--it's like swing--but with electros.
Is it wrong to look like a dead fish at all times :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baldren