akaneko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My party has 6 actors, but in battle there are only 3 actors, i want to find a way to change the actor in the middle of battle like in pokemon, and how to make the actor change automatically when it dies

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
depends on your battleplugins.

a change of actors will only work if the change is compatible with your battleplugins, otherwise you'll get errors and crashes

akaneko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
depends on your battleplugins.

a change of actors will only work if the change is compatible with your battleplugins, otherwise you'll get errors and crashes
I use BattleEgineCore and battleSysSab

uglywolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, it can't be done by simple "Skill" commands?

I thought it is theatrically possible by "Common Events" and "Actor Data" registration on "Variables".

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, it can't be done by simple "Skill" commands?
that is the way it works in default without plugins.

The problem is that a lot of battleplugins add new data to the battlers - yanfly's for example add the entire action sequences, because those did not exist in default, and that is more data than obvious.
That data is usually added at the beginning of the battle during setup.
If you add another actor later, it will usually be missing that data that the plugins added - and that will cause the errors ("of undefined", Type Error and so on).
So you can only add an actor into a plugin battle if you know what additional data is needed - and that means you have to know the battleplugins installed before adding the actor, and program a plugin to do exactly what is needed (usually called summoning plugins).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?
Does anyone recognize him? :kaocry:
pwkyiDa.jpg

And hi.
finally drew 3 of the enemies that appear as students from the high school that's in my game.
Finnuval wrote on ShuBun-Kin's profile.
Loving the avatar :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaughtyPoncho