akaneko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My party has 6 actors, but in battle there are only 3 actors, i want to find a way to change the actor in the middle of battle like in pokemon, and how to make the actor change automatically when it dies

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
depends on your battleplugins.

a change of actors will only work if the change is compatible with your battleplugins, otherwise you'll get errors and crashes

akaneko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
depends on your battleplugins.

a change of actors will only work if the change is compatible with your battleplugins, otherwise you'll get errors and crashes
I use BattleEgineCore and battleSysSab

uglywolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, it can't be done by simple "Skill" commands?

I thought it is theatrically possible by "Common Events" and "Actor Data" registration on "Variables".

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, it can't be done by simple "Skill" commands?
that is the way it works in default without plugins.

The problem is that a lot of battleplugins add new data to the battlers - yanfly's for example add the entire action sequences, because those did not exist in default, and that is more data than obvious.
That data is usually added at the beginning of the battle during setup.
If you add another actor later, it will usually be missing that data that the plugins added - and that will cause the errors ("of undefined", Type Error and so on).
So you can only add an actor into a plugin battle if you know what additional data is needed - and that means you have to know the battleplugins installed before adding the actor, and program a plugin to do exactly what is needed (usually called summoning plugins).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.
Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DadOfSpaceMonkey