AriDingus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! As the title suggests, this is really simple. I want to change the main character's job when they're in a boat, and change it back when they're not. Is that possible?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Galv has a plugin to run common events when you board/leave vehicles in Auto Common Events, but it's for MZ.

It could probably be edited to function in MV, especially if that specific trigger is the only one you care about.

@caethyril has a similar plugin, Auto Switch Vars, that is again for MZ - perhaps she could say whether it has hooks for vehicle boarding and how compatible it is with MV.

AriDingus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Galv has a plugin to run common events when you board/leave vehicles in Auto Common Events, but it's for MZ.

It could probably be edited to function in MV, especially if that specific trigger is the only one you care about.

@caethyril has a similar plugin, Auto Switch Vars, that is again for MZ - perhaps she could say whether it has hooks for vehicle boarding and how compatible it is with MV.
how hard is it to edit scripts for MV? I have basic basic js knowledge and I've been able to fix some plugins that didn't work the way I needed, but I'm far from knowledgeable

AriDingus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how hard is it to edit scripts for MV? I have basic basic js knowledge and I've been able to fix some plugins that didn't work the way I needed, but I'm far from knowledgeable
...nevermind the feature is in Utility Common Events by yanfly, which I have. I should've looked into it more, my bad. Thanks anyways!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good to know, I never read into that plugin.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Now that I have linklists on large trees and cars, is there any theme that would interest you?
Debugging multiplayer issues... I'm having fun, right?
yay_streaming.jpg

For just starting streaming on the 10th... Definitely not the worst. :LZScheeze:

Granted I need 333.34 hours a month on average to achieve money. So I don't really expect that, but it sure has helped my game dev go much faster.
Proud on how this map turned out.

FnmhDLIXgAAOvIC
I just finally fixed a huge problem that wouldn’t let my game load and would crash it.. I thought that I was gonna have to trash the project and start over lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xie00