Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
First off, I'm using MZ, not MV, but I can't find a board for that, so I'm hoping any solution for MV will work for MZ.

Basically, I have every enemy dropping one of 5 versions of a type of item, it drops every time, and is specific to the kind of enemy. But I also want to have a skill that will change that specific item to another of the possible versions, but only for that enemy in that battle. Is there a way to change a specific item drop into another of my choosing without a plugin? Or is there a plugin that can do what I want that I haven't found yet? Preferably free as this is a personal project and I'm hoping to not spend a dime on it.

If it's relevant, the item type in question will always be in the first slot in the drop list in the database. Theoretically I can do it by eventing with each troop, but I'd prefer to have the change attached to the skill, keeps everything neater that way.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MZ SUpport. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks pretty robust, but offhand it doesn't look QUITE like what I'm wanting without some coding workaround. I'm somewhat passable at programming, but plugins that let you code stuff tend to get me in trouble since I'm learning both javascript and MZ's system at the same time. I think I might attempt to make a plugin to do what I'm wanting. Kinda wanted to dip my toes into plugin coding anyway, and this might help familiarize me with javascript AND MZ's code while I'm at it.

Thanks for the reply, though! I'll keep it in mind if my own attempts turn into too much of a headache.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay, our new game, Causality is finally released on Steam!
A good way to practice writing is to write "flash fiction"; very short stories. Link
[CM]
5VaUMjAFpz1I6fSsgDrfJc.jpg

Title is star.
Dam, does the night get to me, I sound and look like a monster. Its 3:54 am right now...I need sleep...or...coffee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beru