Change Battleback

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Battle backgrounds can be used to provide some sense of atmosphere. For example, if you're walking through a forest and you encounter an enemy, seeing some cute bunnies and trees in the background makes it feel like a forest.

However, if you see dead bunnies and dying trees in the background, it feels much different. What happens if an enemy can cast a spell that will cause all of those bunnies and trees to die during battle?

RPG Maker MV comes with an event command that allows you to change battlebacks. However, if you try to change battlebacks during battle, you'll notice that nothing happens. Instead, the change will only appear in the next battle.

This plugin allows you to change battle backgrounds during battle.

More information and downloads available at HimeWorks

Last edited by a moderator:

Otakuhn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Allows for more immersion thanks for the script!

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Any incompatibility with Yanfly's plethora of plug-ins? This is exactly what I need! :o

Edit: Tested and it works flawlessly, thank you! <3

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much, this is a great idea and script. :)

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
Would this work to build an animated background that cycles between different frames?

Apples

are overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
I was wondering if you have any plans to add a feature that lets you give the battlebacks some kind of motion effect. (Distortion, fade, zoom in, zoom out) Much like MOG's Battleback Ex script for VX Ace?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Would this work to build an animated background that cycles between different frames?
Yes...depending on how your event is set up.

You might use a "moment" troop span and use "wait" commands to control when it changes, along with conditional branches to determine which one to show.

I was wondering if you have any plans to add a feature that lets you give the battlebacks some kind of motion effect. (Distortion, fade, zoom in, zoom out) Much like MOG's Battleback Ex script for VX Ace?
Yes. Take a look at this topic! (video included)

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/51280-dev-animated-battles/

I'm not sure how mog's battleback script works but if it's just distortion and zooming in/out or fade...then probably not.

Apples

are overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Hime,

Is it possible to have a change in battleback only last a certain amount of turns? I would like to have the battlefield be different for just 3 turns when a skill is used, then change back.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Hime,

Is it possible to have a change in battleback only last a certain amount of turns? I would like to have the battlefield be different for just 3 turns when a skill is used, then change back.
You can have your skill set a variable, and then in your troop events have a page that runs every turn updating that variable.

It is up to you to be creative with your eventing.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You can have your skill set a variable, and then in your troop events have a page that runs every turn updating that variable.

It is up to you to be creative with your eventing.
how would we go about changing the battle back only for the skill animation and then changing back to default right after the skill is over? i'm still new with eventing etc.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
how would we go about changing the battle back only for the skill animation and then changing back to default right after the skill is over? i'm still new with eventing etc.
I'm not too sure about that. May need another plugin for that.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Plugin has been updated.

The new update comes with a feature that allows you to "save" the current battlebacks, and to "restore" them later.

Two script calls are provided for these functions.

You can use them anywhere script calls are supported.

Here is a video showing a simple battleback change before a skill occurs, and after a skill occurs.

I use a plugin to execute common events before the skill is executed, but you may have plugins that allow you to customize the way the skill animations are done.

Senshu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there, did the recent update bork the ability to change battlebacks? One of my abilities isn't working properly anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

I just like this website:
lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takufy