Change Camera Origin?

RavenBlueIndigo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know if there are any plugins out there to change the origin of the camera? By that, I mean where it is centered on th
e screen. I am planning to port a game of mine to MV from Ace, and in that game, the camera was centered more upward instead of the center of the screen as the playing space was in a window at the top of the screen. I knew how to change the camera centering in Ace, but MV is different in it's handling of scripting and stuff. All the camera plugins I have looked into seem to be just for camera effects/movement. If there are none that can do this, then consider this a request.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking - can you make a screenshot mockup of what you want?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can use the event command scroll camara or otherwise cam control by galv or SRD (galv is better in my opinion)
because its more userfriendly. SRD is good, but doesn't always play nice on other plugins and specially in webbrowsers/mobiles)

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems like the easiest thing to do is take an existing camera script, and displace the camera down a little bit

So when you get this line in galv's code, for instance,
Code:
var y_pos = screenY;
you just change it with a fixed offset

Code:
 var y_pos = screenY+5;
Then you can overlay your menu stuff (with some sort of black space?) as appropriate

RavenBlueIndigo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Are there even any camera plugins that I could do this in? All of the ones I've found just add effects, like Galv has a camera script that makes it slide, which is not what I need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Quick! Someone give me a snake pun about moving.
Meet the crew...Arrrr!
Who knew modern medieval was an actual music genre? I don't know what the youtube algorithms are doing but for once they found something actually fascinating:
Yay! Got 3 new frying pans, its weird, but I'm so happy about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rai1209