l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way to change the size of the text in the default choice boxes?

I know how to create new choice boxes with common events but I'd prefer not to have to do this if I can just edit the text size as that's the only issue with my choice boxes.

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just the default.

I don't mind using an extension if that's what is needed. I know there are a few out there that will change everything but was hoping there was something just for the font size.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
No it's fine just asking. I made an extension that lets you put images for default choices and changes this easily so I want to be sure it's not that. Changing the Choice Box text requires scripts. Look for the script, Template_ChoiceBox. It can be seen here:

1590856762097.png

Copy and Paste it and rename it to like, Template_ChoiceBox_L8Rose or something. Then look for this section here on your newly copy pasted script:
1590856852518.png

Now what this means is that it gets its size on the "style" RegularUIText. It means you can't just change it easily because it will also affect the font size of your other UI. Rename regularUIText to something like L8RoseChoiceText or something like that.

Now look for this script and copy this section:
1590857051562.png

Then make a new coffeescript file and name it something like Style_L8Rose. Paste that section and rename it to something like this:

CoffeeScript:
ui.UIManager.styles["L8RoseChoiceText:enabled"] = {
    "font": {
        "name": "Times New Roman",
        "size": 12, #Change the Font Size here
        "smallCaps": true,
        "italic": true,
        "color": [255, 255, 255, 255]
    },
    "opacity": 255
}
Hit save and it should work.

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I must have messed something else up as it doesn't work.

I did have another font style coffeescript (from the help files I believe) but that didn't have anything conflicting (and removed it just to test) so my guess is I edited something somewhere when I initially started this project and have no idea where.

Thank you though!

Edit as I did more testing after I posted.

So on further testing, I've realized that if I set Positioning back to Auto instead of Direct, I do get the font size changed. However, if the choice is disabled then it goes back to the default size.

Location isn't too much of an issue as I can just edit the new coffeescript I made with what you showed me and I can just hide the disabled options through switches/if combos so that totally works for me.

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Yeah the Template has comments on what choices are what, so it should be pretty easy to find the one you're looking for!

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is!
Thank you again!

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"
Stream is a bit late but will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
omg, why persona 5 is so good?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha