Change class

KrazyFox

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Is there a way to implement a job class system like in the Bravely series or from FFIII/V? Primarily the changing of jobs outside of battle freely and leveling each one up separately. I have not seen anything like that posted for MZ, but I am searching on mobile so that might be the issue of its posted already.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, that would need a plugin. And the plugins that I know of using a class system always had a single level for all classes previously.

But you can request a job system like that and perhaps someone will write a plugin for it.

Beregon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, you could have multiple copies of one actor for each job I guess? And switching classes would be more like switching to a different copy of said actor.

Dope

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to implement a job class system like in the Bravely series or from FFIII/V? Primarily the changing of jobs outside of battle freely and leveling each one up separately. I have not seen anything like that posted for MZ, but I am searching on mobile so that might be the issue of its posted already.
I'm pretty sure Yanfly, or now VisuStella, will get around to making a plugin for that just like Yanfly did for MV. Just wait, it'll come. Probably.

KrazyFox

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I really hope so. I prefer making fewer characters that can change classes vs making many characters of a single class. Less to manage character wise

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure Yanfly, or now VisuStella, will get around to making a plugin for that just like Yanfly did for MV.
but they didn't do one like this for Ace or MV either, that's what my comment was about.

Yanfly's job/class scripts and plugins usually have all classes at the same level, they do NOT give different levels to different classes.

KrazyFox

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
This is very loosely related, but the sample game project, does that have all current MZ plugins with it or only a select few? If not all, which ones does it have?

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The free ones are in the project essentally. Teir 0 and Teir 1

KrazyFox

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
All of T0/1? I only must worry about the rest? And is it safe to assume the video is telling us to order them with 0 at the top and 5 at the bottom? Want to make sure I am not bunking it up

Celestrium

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Lazi Class Change System is what you are looking for I think...check it out. Fobar from restaff has elements of the system you are looking for. You should look in the javascript section and there is also a master plugins list, although Lazi's class change isn't on there last I looked but you will find it in the posts under the javascript section!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today's the day I post my demo!
I am having a great day today humans! May your day be great too! Praise the altar.
Recently discovered that an old member called "Kaus" stole some tilesets from other games, claim as yours, and some people associate his nick with mine. Besides having the same name, he was publishing tilesets too. Bad luck? Guess maybe I'll need to change my nickname... :(

My best practices for a new amazing plugin by this author https://kagedesuworkshop.blogspot.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saediga