Megamatt215

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a situation where I have a encounter sound for random encounters, but I would also like to change the encounter sound before a boss fight (like the MOTHER trilogy), then back to the original encounter sound for further random encounters. How would I do this? Someone else asked this same question before, but for some reason, the solution they got doesn't work for me. 

Before the battle, I use the script call

$data_system.sounds[7] = RPG::SE.new("Big Enemy Encounter")
but all this does is either remove the encounter sound, or cause a crash with the message

Unable to find file:

Audio/SE/Big Enemy Encounter
I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing fixes this. I've even tried using other sound effects, but nothing works. I've run out of ideas to fix this. On top of that, I've noticed that the encounter sound effect gets drowned out by the battle BGM if it's too long. Is there any way to delay the battle BGM until the encounter sound is done playing? 

Last edited by a moderator:

GreyStone84

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatus Nunc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is your boss fight a random encounter?

GreyStone84

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry, scripted? As in it is a visible event you walk up to and interact with?

Megamatt215

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's a person you walk up to and interact with. It's not a random encounter, the battle is part of an event.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreyStone84

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, if it's an event, you can make it something like this:

Play SE: "Machine" (You obviously change this, I was just using a long SE for testing)

Wait: 60 frames (Again, just change the length to fit your needs)

Battle Processing: Slime*2 (Place whatever enemy you need here)

This will play the sound effect, cause a wait before the battle starts while still playing the sounds effect. After the wait, the battle starts, so you will want the Wait to be enough to finish playing the sound before starting the battle.

I created an evented battle with just this in it and it works. I'm sure if you have dialogue and whatnot first, this will still work as long as you set it up right before the battle processing. Let me know if I did not understand you and this is wrong.

Megamatt215

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It sort of works, but I've found a decent enough work around. I have to turn off the battle BGM, and then in the troop page, wait 60 frames, then play the BGM.

DogeWorm

That Insomniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OR, you could just make an event, play the SE before the encounter, and then use wait. Normally I don't do troop page events unless it's absolutely required because It's really much more efficient doing it on an actual event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Another two plugins done! One being an on map grid inventory.
busy with my newborn child, can't even touch pc at all ;_;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yagyu_Chan