Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Change Equip On Battle, ver1.0.0
By Unconnected42

Latest Updates
- 2016-12-06 : updated for compatibility with version  1.3.4 of RMMV.

- 2015-12-02 : First release !

Introduction
This plug-in allows to change certain specified equipment types (specification is class-based) during battle, by adding an 'Equip' actor battle command opening a specific in-battle equip menu. It is possible to have the equip change consume the actor's turn. A certain degree of compatibility is normally ensured with some other plug-ins: notably, it should be compatible with EquipCore, allow the equip command to have an icon when using Bobstah's battle Command List, and should be compatible with Ammunition System.

Features
- Which equipment slots can be changed during battle can be set through notetags in the actor's class notebox. Equip slots that can be changed for all actors can be decided by setting one of the plug-ins parameters.
- Three different possible rules for turn-skipping : if 'none', the actor's turn will not be consumed ; if set at 'half', the player can make all changes that he/she wants during an actor's turn, with the turn being consumed only when leaving the battle equip menu ; if set at 'full', turn will be consumed as soon as one equipment has been changed.

Use
The class notetag for defining changeable equipment:
<Battle Change Equip: s1,s2,...>
...where 's1,s2,...' are the equip slots that the actor will be able to change during battle.
For ex. : <Battle Change Equip: 1,2,5> will allow any actor having the class where the tag is put to change the three listed equip slots (in that case, that would probably be weapon, shield and some accessory).

If turn-skipping is not set at 'none', it is necessary to define (in one of the plug-in parameters) an equip skill, that will be automatically selected as the actor's next action when the battle equip menu is used by the actor during the turn. The actual equipment change is not actually done while in the battle equip menu, but during the use of the equip skill. That equip skill must be given the following requirements in the database:
- the scope must be 'the user' ;
- if Yanfly's action sequences are used, be sure that the 'target action' section allows the actor to actually use the skill and apply its effects. Otherwise, equip changes will not be made.

Plug-in code

JS Download !

Credit and Thanks
- Unconnected42
You can freely use, edit, or do anything you want with this plug-in, commercially or not. Just give proper credit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow, just spotted this. Had to give a quick shout out. While I won't be using this feature in the final release of my game... This plugin is EXTREMELY important for Battle Testing. So thank you very very much.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thank for your appreciation!

This is not the only plug-in doing this, though. There is at least one other allowing to change equipment during battle, however, I don't think it allows turn skipping like the one here.

C-Unit Studios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im having trouble making the equip battle command to appear.

I added <Battle Change Equip: 1> to my classes note tags and don't have any plugins that should interfere with yours.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Could you still list the other plug-ins you are using ?

This plug-in was made several months ago, so maybe updates in plug-ins that were compatible at the time have broken compatibility...

C-Unit Studios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently I am running it on a test world where there are no other plugins on

I inserted <Battle Change Equip: 1> into each classes notebox as i only want them to be able to change their weapons

equip skip turn is set at "full" and Equip skill id is at "7" which is wait

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Ok, now this is really weird...

The plug-in with the very same parameters as you works fine in my own test project. :(

I can only ask you tu upload your "test world" somewhere so that I can have a look at it...

As a temporary workaround, have you tried using the Default Battle Equip Slots parameter so that all characters may change their weapons ?

(and I would like to know if the plug-in also fails for this, actually !)

Darkside.Zodiac

Villager
Reaction score
FYI,

I just updated to 1.3.4 and when this plugin is turned on and I try to playtest, my game won't load and I am unable to kill the playtest window.  I have to go into the task manager and kill it that way.

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Please try to re-download now, I updated a new version that should make it work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jloppnow