Change event graphic (self-switch doesn't work HELP!!!)

Openworld

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay so I'm trying to make a window with closed blinds/curtains change event graphics to open curtains/blinds (horror genre). What I've done so far is create 3 events. The first event asks if the player wants to open the blinds. If the player says yes then Open Blind switch is turned on. The second and third events are exact copies of each other except for graphic pictures since windows are split into two graphics. I've attached pics of the script below. I've tried using a self switch and direction fix. I can't use set move route change graphic because the tileset graphic files don't appear. Any help is much appreciated :)

1590805862410.png
1590805892615.png

Yegitu

artistic goofball
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why don't you just use the OpenBlinds Switch for the conditions on the other event page instead of doing it with self switches? I think you're over complicating things here. D:

Openworld

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Why don't you just use the OpenBlinds Switch for the conditions on the other event page instead of doing it with self switches? I think you're over complicating things here. D:
thx so much it worked :) Out of curiosity why don't self switches work? That's what I always use.

Yegitu

artistic goofball
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Self switches only work if you are actively doing something with this specific event, you can't apply a self-switch to a foreign event, if that makes sense.
There are plugins that are able to do that, I often use Yanfly's Move Route Core for that to not use too many normal switches.
You could use self switches if you'd event every window itself and ask the player if he wants to open the blinds of this specific window.

I hope this makes sense. :kaoswt:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Yegitu That plugin is for MV, and this thread is for VX Ace, so it won't work.

@Openworld It is possible to turn a self switch in another event ON or OFF with a script call. However, Yegitu is right that in this instance it is simpler to use the switch Open Blinds as you are using that already.

If you are interested, the script call is:
Code:
$game_self_switches[[map id, event id, "switch id"]]= true OR false
So if you want to turn the A self switch of event 21 on map 16 to ON, the script call would be:
Code:
$game_self_switches[[16, 21, "A"]]= true
if you want to turn it OFF, you change the true to false.

You can now see why it is simpler in this instance to use the Open Blinds switch.

Yegitu

artistic goofball
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh my god, how could I even make that mistake? :kaoswt2:
Yeah, of course, I didn't play around with the VX much even though I bought that one too.
Cool that there are script calls for it though!

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you run it parallel (for the Trigger), that would also work btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannyBee21