Change event graphic

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Topdod, Jul 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topdod

Topdod Villager Member

I have the player fight some enemies, the event handling the plot changes the enemies event graphics to none via move route BUT if I leave the map and re-enter they revert to how they were initially.
    Does move route not save graphic changes between maps and I need to use switches to do this? I was wanting to try and avoid wasting switches for little events like this but I want to make sure here before changing the few I have.

2. SmashArtist

SmashArtist Lazy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm pretty sure that's how it works unfortunately. You'll be needing to use different event pages for more permanent graphic changes.

Topdod likes this.
  3. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You have self switches for that. Every time an event is created, four self switches for that event are created as well. If you use self switches and set them as conditions for new pages, leaving the map does not reset the event.

Topdod and SmashArtist like this.
  4. Topdod

Topdod Villager Member

Okay I got it working now and saved on using switches too. Never realized I could have an event change the self switch of a different event.
    And on the off-chance anybody finds this helpful this was what I did.

$game_self_switches[[map, event, 'selfswitch']] = true/false
    Map is the map where the event is, event is the event ID, selfswitch is self switches A,B,C or D and true/false is for turning them on or off.

Thanks for the help.

5. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.