Cristiander

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
I have a cutscene where 2 characters are running on a set path and I want to have them change their speed after the player talks to an NPC.

Their move path is done by a separate event, running a paralel process.

So far, if I make the NPCs change the speed in the 'set move route' comand they change speed but they restart their move route from where they are, in stead of continuing it.

I tryed making separated event pages and setting it so that they change their event and not their move route. But the result is the same, they reset their move route.

Is there a way to do this?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show screenshots of your events so that we can see what you have done.

You'll probably need to make some tricky adjustments to solve the problem, but you already started in a less optimal way: placing a set move route command on a parallel process page will always cause problems and should only be done as a last resort after the regular movement methods (including autonomous movement) have failed.

Cristiander

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
It alwayts comes down to screenshots, doesn't it :(

Well here's my setup

20rk7xk.png

When the player talks with event 1: Event 4 and Event 3 start running around. Their move route is set by Event 2.

After a couple of texts I want event 3 and event 4 to run slower.

The reason I'm using paralel proces is because the move route goes offscreen.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Still a bad idea. You don't need parallel processes to move events when they are off screen, a simple set move route will always work, unless an anti-lag script stops it from working (and if it did, it would stop parallel processes too!).

What you need to do is set the move route in the event when you talk to the player. Set them to go a few steps, then have them go faster in the move route itself. You will have to guess a hair at the average reading speed (hint: error on the side of caution), but it can be done.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't asked about a screenshot of your map (even if that can help), I have asked about screenshots of your event pages. That is what we need to see in order to identify the problems with the event commands.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
add this to a new script slot:

class Game_CharacterBase def speed=(value) @speed = value endendThen on the event you talk to, add this in a Script command:

Code:
$game_map.events[id1].speed = 4$game_map.events[id2].speed = 4
where id1 and id2 are the event ids that you want to change speed. Note, it's the ID, not the name, and should not include leading zeros.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

hmm one of those days where there's a lot to work on with my game... annnnnd I have no idea what I wanna do. most of it tho, involves drawing lol. either enemies or NPCs.
I'm going back to the default RTP, in the interest of getting it done. FSM is lovely but slow to work with and has tall doors. And switching to tall sprites would mean a lot of franking, and also the horses will be small.
I think I developed a stalker trauma (stalkerfobia?) because of my previous work publishing games on Steam. :(
RIP, MeatLoaf :( Hot patootie, bless his soul, he really loved that rock 'n roll.
Psychronics Games is doing a livestream about my game in a bit... And I will do a video about his game after that.
Watch their stream with us on youtube!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pattymelt