Not open for further replies.

Iamaperson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is this scene in my game where one of the main actors gets turned into a monster, and then he's forced to fight the villain along with the rest of the party. My battle engine is altered in a way that makes the face portraits visible (thanks to one of yanfly's plugins) and I really wanna change this actor's face image temporarily so that it reflects his transformation, and then the image changes back once the villain is defeated.

But the problem is I have no idea how I can do this, and I think it would be better than having his normal face visible when he's supposed to be a monster.

I know I could just copy and paste this actor into a copied slot in the actors tab on the database and change his face image there, then switch around the actors during the cutscene, but then I would have to find some way to make the copied actor's level equal to the other copy's. So that's another problem.

I hope this all makes sense.

EDIT: The problem has been solved, thanks to a nice person.

Last edited:

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use the "Change Actor Images" event command for this. It's on the third tab, under System Settings.

Iamaperson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use the "Change Actor Images" event command for this. It's on the third tab, under System Settings.
Wow, that makes it really simple. Thank you for the help!!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Excited with the idea of a new maker, but I imagine I'll probably be disappointed.
super disappointed there will be a new RPG Maker without the current one being "finished"(we all know it wont get any more updates)
That's cool there's a new version coming. But I can't leave MV now. I think I'm just starting to get the hang of it.
Rpgmaker devs announcing a new version then looking to see what the fans hope/speculate: shorturl.at/hlFGZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daagmilk