Change font when using a different language?

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, and sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong board - wasn't really sure where this question would be appropriate.

Basically I want to have the game's font change when using a different language besides English (specifically German, Spanish and Portuguese). I am using Iavra's Localization Core and Menu to switch the language in-game. The font switches seamlessly when the language is changed to Simplified Chinese and Japanese, which I somewhat understand from looking through MV's source code:

Window_Base.prototype.standardFontFace = function() {
if ($gameSystem.isChinese()) {
return 'SimHei, Heiti TC, sans-serif';
} else if ($gameSystem.isKorean()) {
return 'Dotum, AppleGothic, sans-serif';
} else {
return 'GameFont';
}

Game_System.prototype.isJapanese = function() {
return $dataSystem.locale.match(/^ja/);
};

Game_System.prototype.isChinese = function() {
return $dataSystem.locale.match(/^zh/);
};

Game_System.prototype.isKorean = function() {
return $dataSystem.locale.match(/^ko/);
};

Game_System.prototype.isCJK = function() {
return $dataSystem.locale.match(/^(ja|zh|ko)/);
};

Game_System.prototype.isRussian = function() {
return $dataSystem.locale.match(/^ru/);
};

};

Unfortunately I have no idea how this code operates - I tried messing with the code to see if I could get it to detect German, Spanish and Portuguese but to no avail - which is why I'm asking here.

I know this is kind of a silly issue, but I'm using a font I really like as the base font (PCSenior, a very retro font), but this font doesn't have the characters necessary for languages like German, which is why I'd rather it switch to a language-friendly font when needed rather than just giving up on it and using a basic font for everything.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

0YJJJiG.gif
kkSYWES.gif
0YJJJiG.gif

Working on some fan assets! I won't share them all just yet, but it's a fun practice! (So maybe keep an eye out for a thread for them in the future?) :kaohi: These boyos are Pink Slimes and a Tabby Slime from Slime Rancher.​
Just dropped the trailer! Link to download and play is in the description!

Showcasing Plugins that Record Video, and Take Screenshots. :LZScheeze:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lalulu