Change Game Resolution when in Full Screen

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by gmestanley, Oct 22, 2016.

1. gmestanley

gmestanley An Ordinary Wizard Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I have seen the resolution problem on the 1.3.3 Update official post (which was originally the 1.3.2 one), and I've seen this problem by myself too. It looks ridiculous that we'll have to stick with two large black borders if we want to press F4 (Undertale did that too, although that's another story.)

So, I want to ask you guys for something. Is there any way we can make the resolution change when we go fullscreen?

For example, when the game starts, it will ask for you what's your monitor resolution (like in newer Touhou games), and then it will set the game to this resolution when in full screen.

Can it be made manually by altering the rpg_ scripts' code? Or it can only be made with the help of plug-ins?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2016
  2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's going to require editing of JavaScript either way, so I'll move you to javascript support. If you can't find a way to do that there, report the thread and I'll move it to Plug-in requests, as that will mean you need to request a plug-in (even if it already exists, it's still plug-in requests).

3. Lantiz

Lantiz Biterkid Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does it need to be automatic?

I've done a plugin so the player can choose it: