KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm desperately trying to get the Slow Motion using this Japanese plugin, but I simply does nothing for me. I change the plugin's placement. Removed all FPS upgrade plugins, but nothing.
Despite having zero coding knoledge I even tried to use it as a Script Call:

Code:
var scene_Map_update = Scene_Map.prototype.update;
Scene_Map.prototype.update = function() {
var fps = (100 / 50) / 60.0;
} else {
var fps = 1.0 / 60.0;
}
    SceneManager._deltaTime = fps;
    scene_Map_update.call(this);
};

With no success.. Any thoughts?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it can't work as a script call because it needs to replace code of the engine.

how did you configure the original plugin, and how did you activate it ingame?

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's pretty straight forward.
One switch to ON\OFF the plugin and a variable to configure it where 1 equals 1% from 60 FPS.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, I know - as you said it is easily to read in the plugin.
But I didn't ask to learn how it works, I asked to see your configuration to be able to check what might have interfered with its work.
We need to see what you have done in your project before we can even guess where the problem might be.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nothing wrong with my settings. I have tested it in my DEMo project and it worked just fine, which means it's a compatibility issue. None of the plugins which affect the game's FPS are ON. As I said before I'm tried changing its position. So right now it's not about making this plugin work, but rather finding an alternative or activating it in some different way.
THere's nothing in the game console either.

UPD. There's also this thing, but it doesn't have any plugin commands...

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you don't want us to help, then don't post here.
if someone here asks you a question then that is usually because the answer is needed before anyone can help you.
I'm out of this topic - good luck finding someone else to help you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a pretty simple plugin (the one in your first post), and if it doesn't work, it's because you've done something wrong.

You need to give it the correct name when you save it - SlowMotion.js
You need to give it a switch id and a variable id - do not put zeros in front of the ids, and name them in your editor (via the Control Variables and Control Switches commands) so you don't use them for something else.
Disable all other plugins, and remove any attempts at script calls that you have tried to do.

If that is not working, please take a screenshot of your plugin manager. Then run the program, hit F8 to open Developer Tools, find the Console tab, and take a screenshot of that.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I found a solution. Indeed it was a compatibility issue. So for future generations, this plugin conflicts with:
YEP_FpsSynchOption (I actually had two copies of it for some reason...) and
JMW_DistanceConditional

By the way, the plugin is called Slow Motion (SlowMotion.js) In case someone's gonna is looking for it.

UPD: Alright, NO there's something else going on, cause the game's just lugging constantly! Will be back soon

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Having a plugin in there twice could definitely cause problems. If you remove the additional/duplicate entry and go back to just the three of them, check the two you've just listed and see if they use the same switch or variable for anything. If they use switches/variables and you didn't specify which one to use, they might use the same one by default (esp if you just used #1).

The other thing you could try is just rearranging their order. It might work, it might not.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz Man, that was hard but I found it! The constant lagging gave me the hint. The switch was turning on a common event (I have 30 of these). I was actually trying different switches and variables the first time but it didn't work cause of the "double" plugins.
So the solution is to OFF all the FPS limiting plugins, and find a sweet place for the SlowMotion one.

One last question. Would this Japanese plugin limit the game's FPS to 60? (to prevent the hyper-fast gameplay bug on certain monitors)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not aware of such a bug, and I can't see how a certain monitor would affect gameplay at all. I can see that a fast CPU might, but if the scene manager uses a delta time, that should handle any issues with faster processors, and the only ones that might have trouble are slower ones.

All you can do is give it a go, but I wouldn't expect any differences (and if you do find it changes things, can you be sure it won't slow the gameplay down too much for others)?

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think people with 144Hz monitors can experience this bug. It's quite rare but can happen. Obviously, I won't be able to test it myself since I have no such monitors.
Alright then. I think the thread can be closed for good! Thank you all for your suggestions :D

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yay! Someone did a playthrough of my game. :D

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nanduh