Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think there's a stock way of doing it, the easiest quick and dirty hack would be to change which folder it's looking at midfight and then refresh it.

This overwrites the load battlehud code so that if switch 17 is set to true, it'll change to the battlehud2 folder
Code:
ImageManager.loadBHud = function(filename) {
if (($gameSwitches.value(17) == true))
     {
    return this.loadBitmap('img/battlehud2/', filename, 0, true);
     }else{
    return this.loadBitmap('img/battlehud/', filename, 0, true);
    }
};

I *believe* that one setting one of these two variable to true will force a refresh of the battlehud and use the new images but I'm not super familiar with this plugin
Code:
$gameTemp._forceCreateBattleHud = true;
$gameTemp._refresh_Bhud = true;

Haven't tested it, check to see if it works or if the console spits out some whines.

shukiri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. The refresh bhud does nothing in this context. The force create battle HUD makes all parts of the hud just disappear (faces, commands, screen layout). I can't even tell if the folder switch is working because it's not refreshing the file with either of those two functions.

If you ignore the folder approach, I can get it to work with this, but the new image appears OVER the faces and commands.... and I'm sure this is not how you're supposed to do it...

Code:
if ($gameSwitches.value(17) == true) {
        this._screen_layout = new Sprite(ImageManager.loadBHud("Layout_Screen2"));
        this._hudField.removeChild(this._screen_layout);
        this._hudField.addChild(this._screen_layout);
    }

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
never try it myself
but I think you better check it

shukiri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I have used that plugin before but it's for faces only, not the screen HUD background (unless I am missing something). Maybe there's a clue in there as to how to refresh an image in MOG's plugin?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The youngest photo of you is also the oldest photo of you.
People need to stop submitting their game to every single game jam without even reading the jam rules (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Mom tested positive for COVID thanks to a single stupid coworker of hers not taking sh*t serious.
I'll prolly won't be on here for a while as we deal with this.
So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.
Although a lot of things are still not finished, I can't delay the early access date.
It's her birthday. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diorpancakes