Change Image Opacity

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Hey everyone.

In my game I'm using MOG's Chrono Engine for the battle system: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-chrono-engine/

Outside of battle I'm using an evented HUD. The issue I have is that the evented HUD still shows when I engage in a battle with the Chrone Engine (the battles take place on the map with this battle system):

The HUD in the white circle is just shown through events, so I know the image ID's for these. Thinking what the easiest way would be to show and hide this HUD, is by changing the opacity of the images at the beginning and ending of a battle. I think I know where in the plugin I have to do this, but i don't know what code i need to change image opacity from a plugin.

I imagine, that in pseudo-code, it will be something like this when the battle starts:

"img.id.25 = set.opacity.0;"

And at the end to show the images again:

"img.id.25 = set.opacity.255;"

Any help/feedback/ideas are welcome :)

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not putting a cond.branch with a switch in evented hud, and in code, just turn on/off the switch?

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Why not putting a cond.branch with a switch in evented hud, and in code, just turn on/off the switch?
That would work perfectly as well. What code would I need to turn the switch off and on in the code? Would this work for switch id 200?

$gameSwitches.setValue(200, true);

Last edited:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That should be this code :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I get haunted from bugs that emit a terrible stench after being killed.
At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...
Long time since last post but still here, still working on games. Hope everyone has been well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaz_D3mon