Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know of a plugin that allow me to change an event with one character image rather than the entire set. This is image is an example of what I don't want.

Attachments

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mkingdom What is the end result you want? Choosing a character image that is facing a particular direction, or choosing a character image that is in mid-step, or ... ?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No plugin can change that screen. Plugins affect the game when you play it, not the editor when you're designing it.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Choosing an image in a particular direction without having to change the direction of the empty event. It would save me sometime because I would not have to worry about fixing the direction of the character.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No plugin can change that screen. Plugins affect the game when you play it, not the editor when you're designing it.
This is a pretty glitchy engine dude

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why? The engine not doing something you want it to do, when it never claimed to do it in the first place (and in fact made it clear that it wouldn't) doesn't mean it's glitchy.

And I'm not a 'dude' ;)

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why? The engine not doing something you want it to do, when it never claimed to do it in the first place (and in fact made it clear that it wouldn't) doesn't mean it's glitchy.

And I'm not a 'dude' ;)
Alright dudette:)

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mkingdom Aah, I see. Although there is no plugin that will change that screen, we can execute a move route script command that will basically do what you want.

Code:
this._characterName = "Actor3"; this._characterIndex = 1; this._direction = 2;
'this._characterName' will change the character graphic sheet the event is using. 'this._characterIndex = 1' sets the selection of that graphic to the second sheet (_characterIndex starts at 0 instead of 1). 'this._direction = 2' sets the facing of the character (2 is down, 4 is left, 6 is right, 8 is up).

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mkingdom Aah, I see. Although there is no plugin that will change that screen, we can execute a move route script command that will basically do what you want.

Code:
this._characterName = "Actor3"; this._characterIndex = 1; this._direction = 2;
'this._characterName' will change the character graphic sheet the event is using. 'this._characterIndex = 1' sets the selection of that graphic to the second sheet (_characterIndex starts at 0 instead of 1). 'this._direction = 2' sets the facing of the character (2 is down, 4 is left, 6 is right, 8 is up).
Ok, cool, I think that will solve my problem. My characters are meeting as if they are ready to walk into each other.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, the following is probably better to use :

Code:
// this.setImage(characterName, characterIndex)
// this.setDirection(direction)

this.setImage("Actor3", 1); this.setDirection(2);
Looks a bit nicer and is a bit shorter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1st of March 2014 I joined and it has been a great experience for 6 whole years. The only thing I can say is a huge thank you to ALL members of this forum.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!
Now irinea just blocked me in discord
Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrunkenDwarf0098