Chef

yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone have a clue on how to change the control scheme with a variable or switch inside a plugin itself (perhaps via an "if>then, else" branch like in MV). Or is it not possible for a plugin to read & use switches and variables from RPG MV? I do know how to change the control scheme itself inside a plugin though (AS Input Settings and YEP Button Common Events). I've already tried to indirectly change the controls via a common event but that doesn't work really well since it changes Altimits' Pixel Movement back to tile based movement (with input lag).

Kind regards,
Arend Galenkamp

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean by "control scheme"? As in which keyboard keys correspond to which action?

It's a lookup table in rpg_core.js that you can modify or overwrite however you want:
Code:
/**
 * A hash table to convert from a virtual key code to a mapped key name.
 * @static
 * @property keyMapper
 * @type Object
 */
Input.keyMapper = {
    9: 'tab',       // tab
    13: 'ok',       // enter
    16: 'shift',    // shift
    17: 'control',  // control
    18: 'control',  // alt
    27: 'escape',   // escape
    32: 'ok',       // space
    33: 'pageup',   // pageup
    34: 'pagedown', // pagedown
    37: 'left',     // left arrow
    38: 'up',       // up arrow
    39: 'right',    // right arrow
    40: 'down',     // down arrow
    45: 'escape',   // insert
    81: 'pageup',   // Q
    87: 'pagedown', // W
    88: 'escape',   // X
    90: 'ok',       // Z
    96: 'escape',   // numpad 0
    98: 'down',     // numpad 2
    100: 'left',    // numpad 4
    102: 'right',   // numpad 6
    104: 'up',      // numpad 8
    120: 'debug'    // F9
};

Or is it not possible for a plugin to read & use switches and variables from RPG MV?
Of course, you can read the switches and variables from anywhere. The code to do so is in a topic pinned to this forum for future reference:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rpg-maker-mv-script-call-list.46456/

You mention a few plugins by name, if you want plugin support you should provide links as well.

Chef

yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aloe Guvner Sorry for the late response, but yes that's what I meant; thank you! I'll only have to figure out on how to make a branch in Button Common Events and AS Input Settings. I thaught the script calls were only "shortcuts" or "cheats" in rpg maker but stupid me didn't realise they're actual javascript lines...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hananaa