Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dear, Friends.

Maybe the following temporary solution will useful for some of you if you don't want to mess with system settings:

NTLEAS.png
  • Download Ntleas from here;
  • Change the setting like the above picture;
  • Finally, push the circled button for generating custom shortcut for MV.
Then everytime you launch the shortcut, it will launch MV in English no matter what your current system language are.

That's all from me. I hope it works for you.

Cheers,

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Nice idea, but it doesn't work for me. It creates the shortcut on my desktop, and it even has the correct MV icon, but when I click it, nothing launches.

Fatalys93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
But... if I unistall Rpg Maker MV, and then i'm going to reinstall it with English as language (because italian translation is horrible..), the tool ask me the serial key again? If yes, it is still valid even if I used it previously? :/

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Reinstalling MV will not allow you to change the language at this time. We apologize for this oversight and are going to work to fix it as soon as possible.

At this time the only way to use MV in English is to change your language in Windows.

Alkuin

Cheshire Tomcat
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Dear, Friends.

Maybe the following temporary solution will useful for some of you if you don't want to mess with system settings:

NTLEAS.png
  • Download Ntleas from here;
  • Change the setting like the above picture;
  • Finally, push the circled button for generating custom shortcut for MV.
Then everytime you launch the shortcut, it will launch MV in English no matter what your current system language are.

That's all from me. I hope it works for you.

Cheers,

Ryan
Works fine for me, thanks for this temporary fix! :)

Nevertheless, I hope there will be an official way to start RMMV in english as Touchfuzzy said.

Edelplastic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
The German translation is good, but i like to use the RPG Maker in English Language, because all Tutorials are in English. A Option to change the Language will be nice.

cellicom

Uncle celli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
A good idea maybe use che command-line like "Rpgmaker.exe --lang=en"

or a parameter in a .ini file
or make public translation files, surely some guy of good will translate into the relevant manners.

No offense, but some are very bad. (Like italian)

In fact, for this reason we prefer to change the language to English

kaine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
just to know, who has translated the Italian version?

Makeratore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
just to know, who has translated the Italian version?
I want to know too because the italian translation IS VERY, VERY, VERY BAD. Since we've paid for this tool, and since there is written that the italian language is supported on the Steam page, we must have a professional and real translation! Also, it seems that the translation was made with Google Translate...

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just so you know, we too, have wondered who did the translation. We thought KDKW was using the established VX Ace translation, but apparently they did not.

If you could make a note of the major errors that would be excellent.

kaine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thanks for the answer touchfuzzy ^^

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
And what about those who are not using Steam? I used forum search and I also looked to that link, but it says that the language can be changed on Steam but not how to do it on Non-Steam.... Locale file? I don't have that, I have Locales Folder. I'm tired of the spanish translation and seems that also has some missing commands like on Image control because I see there only "Upper Left" and "Center"... also, is hard to follow the tutorials having it on another language.

I don't know why it doesn't have an option to change the language by clicking in "Options/Help -> Change Language -> (List of languages)" if the languages are already there!!! No-Sense!!!

Ah... Enterbrain... :(

EDIT: Well... as a temporary solution I decided to use Steam Version (I prefer don't have to use steam), and regarding the image control, there also only shows "Upper Left" and "Center", shouldn't have also "Lower Left, Upper Right, etc" on the list?

EDIT2: I found that Locale file on Steam version, I copied it and pasted it on the non-steam folder and it worked.

omarrrio

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I didn't feel like opening a whole new thread for this. Sorry if i thought so.

I am using the Demo, and i literally cannot change the language to english, i tried these ways, and still, nothing, AT ALL.

• Changed the content of Locales\fr\locale file to "en".[Nope, didn't do it]
  • Renamed the qtwebengine_locales\fr.pak to fr.bak.[Nope, didn't do it]
  • Deleted qtwebengine_locales\fr.pak.[Nope, didn't do it]
  • Deleted all the files in qtwebengine_locales except en_GB.pak.[Nope, didn't do it]
  • Changed the content of all the Locales languages to "en".[Nope, didn't do it]
  • Deleted all the Locales except for "en".[Nope, didn't do it]
  • Deleted all of the Qt_**.qm Except for the uk one.[Nope, didn't do it]
  • Looked for the darn register keys and found nothing.[Nope, didn't do it]
Please help, i hate the french interface.

Thank you.​

Friiour

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I might just have the solution to non-steam users and users that have the problems even with the steam version.

Just copy the "Locale" file from "...\Locales\en\Locale" inside your RMMV directory to the main directory (where the "RPGMV.exe" is!). 

That worked for me and I hope it works for some others too!

Penkar

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It may be a bit late... and there is a solution.. but why dont you guys open the Locale file in the RPGMV folder and change the language there.. for me it was 'de' changed to 'en' and it worked.

Greetings Penkar

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Penkar, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

The thread has been dead for 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CiderV