CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I've been searching the forum, but I can't find anything quite like what I'm after. I want a plugin which allows me to slow down or speed up the text speed within a text box.

Kino's Slow Text Script slows down text universally: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/58169-kino-slow-text/#comment-566091

And NoInkling's Any speed scrolling text plugin is good, but restricted to the use of a Plugin Command: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48222-any-speed-scrolling-text/#comment-479344

What I'm looking for is a plugin which provides similar functionality to dubealex's old Advanced Message Script for RMXP: http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=590

Basically, it would allow me to use the command \s[n] (with n being a number) within a text box to increase or decrease text speed. This meant that I had complete control over the speed that dialogue appeared, and could vary it to suit what was being said - word by word. It was a very useful narrative tool, but unfortunately I haven't found anything similar for MV.

Does anyone know of a plugin which could help me? I would sincerely appreciate the help =)

Thanks!

CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm afraid I still haven't found a way to do what's described above, so I just wanted to provide a quick *bump*. Thanks in advance!

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What you said caught my attention, so I've updated slow text to modify the text speed at will using escape characters.
0 is the fastest speed, anything higher than that slows down the text drawing. @CriticalGames

Last edited by a moderator:

CriticalGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What you said caught my attention, so I've updated slow text to modify the text speed at will using escape characters.
0 is the fastest speed, anything higher than that slows down the text drawing. @CriticalGames

@Kino Thank you so much Kino! That's exactly what I was after, and it works perfectly. It's sincerely appreciated =D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!
Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbit1qaz