Change Module Vocab Terms (Simple Script Request)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Imploded Tomato, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imploded Tomato

Imploded Tomato Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am requesting a simple RGSS3 script that changes the following :

When I use an item, the "MP" recovery term pops up instead of the "PP" term that I intended and "TP" instead of "SP" as I intended (see both screenshots below for a better example). 

If anyone would be willing to create a simple feature to address this error that I'm having in my game, then I would be willing to put your name in the credits and give you a free copy when it's released. Thanks for your support!

View attachment 33157

View attachment 33156

2. Victor Sant

Victor Sant Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Like i said on the other topic. This issue is NOT caused by the module vocab.

It's because of the custom script you're using to display the popup, go to that script and find where it changes the popup text.

Even if someone manages to do something on the module vocab it will not impact this display as it is NOT controlled by the default scripts.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
    Imploded Tomato likes this.
  3. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    That looks more like a custom script than the default vocab module causing the problem.

The PP shown in the battle log makes it clear that the game is picking up the vocab as PP. But your pop up script is showing MP. So it has to be something with your pop up script.

And please link all the informations needed next time when you ask for a script request, especially when you are using other custom scripts that might cause conflicts with the script you are asking.

4. Imploded Tomato

Imploded Tomato Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I requested to have this topic deleted earlier as I realized that I had a custom script that did more than I expected.. Yes, thanks again Victor Sant for clarifying that it wan't the default scripts as I DO NOT understand much about them, and thanks MeowFace for repeating what Victor had to say. I'll be sure to add every custom script details next time I have a question.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.