TheSoulBlade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey guys!

So I have created a Field Skill system (thanks for the help Aeon!) that affects the environment. Such as putting out fires and breaking rocks. However, say that my Skill "Crush" breaks rocks outside of battle, but during battle it can be used to deal damage.
I want it to cost 0 MP while being cast from the menu to break rocks but I want it to cost say, 2 MP while casting it in battle. Is there any way to do this? Not to familiar with plugins or scripting.

Thanks in advance,
TheSoulBlade

Raexxar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys!

So I have created a Field Skill system (thanks for the help Aeon!) that affects the environment. Such as putting out fires and breaking rocks. However, say that my Skill "Crush" breaks rocks outside of battle, but during battle it can be used to deal damage.
I want it to cost 0 MP while being cast from the menu to break rocks but I want it to cost say, 2 MP while casting it in battle. Is there any way to do this? Not to familiar with plugins or scripting.

Thanks in advance,
TheSoulBlade
You can always disable using this skill in battle but it's propably not that what you want. There are for sure script commands that could help you, you just need to search for it. Unfurtunately i can't help you with that.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Gregaur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I was you I would create 2 skills
One for the battle
One for the map.

On the paper they would be the same (at least for the player)

If you already use the Yanfly Skill plugin (http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Skill_Core_(YEP)) on this two skill you should use those notepad :

<Hide in Field>

<Hide in Battle>

So the one that cost MP would be available on the batlle
and the one without MP cost will be available on the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee
When a youtuber plays your project or game made by you using MAKERs, you will just be awe struck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deli