"Change music volume" Command

Discussion in 'Visual Novel Maker Improvement Boards' started by Luischocolatier, Mar 29, 2019.

?

Do you want a "change music volume" Command?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Luischocolatier

Luischocolatier Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Description of the Feature:
    • This feature would add a "Change Volume" command, giving us the opportunity to adjust the volume of the music during the story, because there's no way to do it right now: as soon as you have the music on you cannot change the volume unless you stop it ang start it again.

Mockups:
    There's no real mockup to show, it would just be a command with a "music volume" gauge and the color of music commands.

Atmost it would have the "music volume" gauge, a "transition time" box and a "transition easing" selection (like the character entrances or background changes) or something like that.

Why is this feature good?
    This feature is great because of the following:
    • It would be great for interactive music: you could put variations of the same song in different layers and then volume them up or down as the scene goes on or your selections affect the story.
    • Dinamic music!!!!!! It's time to give soundtracks the place they deserve!!!!!!

Possible issues with this feature?
    Issues that might arise from this feature:
    • Some programming issues? I'm not sure about it... I'm no programmer.

2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
  3. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia doesn't that change the player settings though? I think Luischocolatier meant the current song's internal volume, the one that is multiplied by that

4. Luischocolatier

Luischocolatier Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @Archeia @Waterguy

Yeah! The idea is that if we have different music layers, it would be useful to be able to change the volume of specific layers.

Imagine, for example, I have a puzzle that requires four distinct things to be done. I will assign an instrument to each task and get each instrument on a different layer.

I will make a basic layer which will be at 100% since the beginning, with a music box playing.

If you complete first task, its layer, which was at 0%, will rise to 100% adding violins to the music

If you complete the second task, the same will happen but with flutes

Third task is an electronic pad, and fourth is drums.

As you progress through the puzzle, the music will slowly become more and more intricate to show how you're approaching the solution, and if you undo any of the tasks, that instrument will stop playing until you solve that task again.

That could be done with this new command.