Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Description:

Just an easy way to change your party size until a full plugin is made.

Requeriments:

1. Any program to open scripts (Notepad, Visual Studio, etc).
2.- (Optional) VisuStella Core Engine Plugin, VisuStella Battle Core Plugin and VisuStella Main Menu Plugin.

Tutorial:
1.- Go to your project folder -> Js folder -> Open te file "rmmz_objects".

2.- Go to the line of code 5422, or search for "maxbattleMembers", and change the number in "return" to whatever number will be the Maximum your game will allow. I recommend no more than 10 for the sake of screen space.

Captura de pantalla (34).png

3.- Go to your game and create an event (better if its at the start of your game) that will set the initial limit of your party. It should look like this:

Captura de pantalla (39).png

The Script Call is this one:

==========================================
Game_Party.prototype.maxBattleMembers = function() {
return 10;
};
==========================================

Make sure to Disable the Followers before the Script call and then enable them again so the game updates your follower list.
4.- And that's it. Now whenever you want to change your party size, repeat the same process and you will be done. The party size will be reflected in both the Main Menu and the Battle Scene.

Note:

All this can be done without using external Scripts, but I highly recommend using the VisuStella Plugins, otherwise your game will not properly align the HP/MP/TP bars while in battle; and if you have more than 4 members in battle at the same time, it will show them in two rows of 4, leaving the 5+ battlers hidden below the first 4.

Screen Shots:

A 5 member party without VisuStella Plugins:
Captura de pantalla (40).png

Main Menu:
Captura de pantalla (41).png

In battle. The 5° Member is hidden, but his action bar still charges, can attack, etc:
Captura de pantalla (42).png

With VisuStella Plugins:
Captura de pantalla (43).png

In Battle:
Captura de pantalla (44).png

And that's it! Of course, the more Battlers you have, the more you will have to think about how they will look in the battle screen and you may need to modify your battle backs so they don't look like this:
Captura de pantalla (38).png

Have that in mind and have fun!

Last edited:

inzoinzo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can use the SVActorPositionMZ plugin (you can find it in the dlc : RPG Maker MZ\dlc\BasicResources\plugins\launch ) to choose the party position.

big-party.PNG

catclaw888

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can use the SVActorPositionMZ plugin (you can find it in the dlc : RPG Maker MZ\dlc\BasicResources\plugins\launch ) to choose the party position.

View attachment 186458
As a question, how do I change the number? I have the DLC in my plugins folder but I may not know what I'm specifically doing, I'm not a big master with the plugins.

inzoinzo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi catclaw,

To change the party size i am using a different plugin (LvMZ_PartySizeControl).

But keep in mine that the SVActorPositionMZ only allow you to change the position of the 4 party members.

I had to modifie the js file manually to suit my case and to be able to re-place the 6 party members in the battle.

P.S. to use the SVActorPositionMZ you have to copy/paste it in the js/plugins folder of your game (we always put the plugins to use there).

I hope it helps
As a question, how do I change the number? I have the DLC in my plugins folder but I may not know what I'm specifically doing, I'm not a big master with the plugins.
pluginPathUnderJS.PNG

Attachments

• LvMZ_PartySizeControl.js
    2.5 KB · Views: 21

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm sorry. In regards to what inzoinzo says, it's only partly true with the SVActorPositionMZ in the DLC folder. While the main command inside the Plugin Data, there is only 4 actors position, you can actually change the position however many actors you want by events through the Plugin Command there.

In regards to this specific plugin with SVActorPositionMZ, if you are using VisuStella Battle Core, go into the files and at the bottom, look for

// --------------------
// set weapon animation's position
// --------------------

and comment out the whole codes. At least this way, you should not get any errors and can use both plugins together. Also, don't mistake this as me actually knowing codes. I just did a lot of research and thought I'd share it.

@DisfantasyProject
Thank you for this useful information. It is very handy. :D

Squall-Leon81

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
SVActorPositionMZ plugin
Hi, sorry to bother you, but I found this post about team size in rpg maker mz and I downloaded the plugin you suggested for order the actors in battle, using the one of visustella for party size number. The problem is that even if It shows 6 characters in the battle screen with success, I cannot order the last two characters number 5 and 6.
I added some string, opening the corresponding .js file, but even if the plugin now, show 6 characters, it doesn't change the position of the last two. What Can I do, to position theme like you showed in the screenshot with two rows of actors?
So for be clear I changed the number of characters in the rmmz_objects plugin, using visustella for having a better vision of the six heroes in the menu, but even if I add test to the SVActorPositionMz plugin with 5 and 6 character, it doesn't allow me to modify the position of last two. Thanks in advice.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, sorry to bother you, but I found this post about team size in rpg maker mz and I downloaded the plugin you suggested for order the actors in battle, using the one of visustella for party size number. The problem is that even if It shows 6 characters in the battle screen with success, I cannot order the last two characters number 5 and 6.
I added some string, opening the corresponding .js file, but even if the plugin now, show 6 characters, it doesn't change the position of the last two. What Can I do, to position theme like you showed in the screenshot with two rows of actors?
So for be clear I changed the number of characters in the rmmz_objects plugin, using visustella for having a better vision of the six heroes in the menu, but even if I add test to the SVActorPositionMz plugin with 5 and 6 character, it doesn't allow me to modify the position of last two. Thanks in advice.
You can do them. Simply open the plugin command in your Event Editor. You know, where you put the texts, move route, etc in. Once you select SVActorPositionMZ, you should see this.
1633525132148.png1633524797131.png

Then you can change 5 and 6 to the X and Y position.
If you want to change left and right, use axis X. If up and down... axis Y. Change the number of Actor Position and pretend they are for Battle Members of any and all actors, not Actor's names.

Also, if anything, make sure you have the max battler set to 6.

If you are using VisuStella Battle Core, download Notepad++ and open the SVActorPosition file, from there go all the way down, look for

// --------------------
// --------------------

and use // to comment out the weapon animation's position as VisuStella already has that implemented in the Battle Core.

Squall-Leon81

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
You can do them. Simply open the plugin command in your Event Editor. You know, where you put the texts, move route, etc in. Once you select SVActorPositionMZ, you should see this.
View attachment 203211View attachment 203210

Then you can change 5 and 6 to the X and Y position.
If you want to change left and right, use axis X. If up and down... axis Y. Change the number of Actor Position and pretend they are for Battle Members of any and all actors, not Actor's names.

Also, if anything, make sure you have the max battler set to 6.

If you are using VisuStella Battle Core, download Notepad++ and open the SVActorPosition file, from there go all the way down, look for

// --------------------
// --------------------

and use // to comment out the weapon animation's position as VisuStella already has that implemented in the Battle Core.
Thank you much appreciated. You know what? As soon as I wrote here i found the soluction, opening the file .js with notepad and change some strings. Before it doesn't work and now I have done two rows like Suikoden game. I don't figure out how it was possible, but your suggestion was easier. Thanks anyway.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you much appreciated. You know what? As soon as I wrote here i found the soluction, opening the file .js with notepad and change some strings. Before it doesn't work and now I have done two rows like Suikoden game. I don't figure out how it was possible, but your suggestion was easier. Thanks anyway.
Ah-ha. A fellow Suikoden fan. May the Stars of Destiny be with you. :D (I'm not really like that but figured it'd be funnier than May the force be with you kind of thing)

Yup. The String works too. I'm glad you found your solution. I did the exact same thing because I wanted a six-men battle system. With Auto and all.

Edit: Ps... I thought your avatar looks a lot like Flik from S1 and S2. Lol.

Last edited:

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Now all we need is army battle system event!

Squall-Leon81

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Ah-ha. A fellow Suikoden fan. May the Stars of Destiny be with you. :D (I'm not really like that but figured it'd be funnier than May the force be with you kind of thing)

Yup. The String works too. I'm glad you found your solution. I did the exact same thing because I wanted a six-men battle system. With Auto and all.

Edit: Ps... I thought your avatar looks a lot like Flik from S1 and S2. Lol.
Indeed it is. This is Flik from Suikogaiden, thanks again.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nightmare... Dreamt I posted a GFX resource post. With a work in progress glove icon that tinted to different colors. In the wrong forum. And I was in such a panic. I saw people writing posts in response, those "..." you see in discord and such. So I frantically tried to report my post as wrong forum, editing to say it's the wrong forum and that I "accidentally" posted it too early... Very odd dream to be honest...
The youngest photo of you is also the oldest photo of you.
People need to stop submitting their game to every single game jam without even reading the jam rules (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Mom tested positive for COVID thanks to a single stupid coworker of hers not taking sh*t serious.
I'll prolly won't be on here for a while as we deal with this.
So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguelCacao