First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I read around about Mv use cpu to handling all rendering
and it is for mobile purposes
but my game will never go mobile
so I want to use the gpu to take the job
because I plan to use parallax and if it’s on gpu it will handle it better(from what I read?)

I don’t know if this even doable
thank you for your time to read this

Lay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the rendering method can be change with the default plugin Community_Basic.
Go check that, you have option "auto", "canvas", "WebGL".

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker MV offloads a large part of the rendering process to the system's GPU, if the GPU can handle it. There are two rendering modes: WebGL (GPU-based) and Canvas (CPU-based). You can check which one your own system is using by pressing F2 during gameplay to show the framerate widget: it will be labelled with the current rendering mode. :)

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you
ah... it sad then
I find screen flickering problem sometime
when use parallax with lightning plugin
hope that if use gpu it will got better run

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yea, a dedicated GPU (WebGL) should give noticeably better performance. :)

What you describe might be a problem with the event/plugin setup, perhaps a "slow" plugin command running every frame? Not sure, but "flickering" sounds like the lighting/parallax layer might be getting re-initialised (i.e. deleted and created again) rather than just refreshed (update position/tint/scale/whatever of existing sprites). Or it might just be too much for the engine to handle. :kaoswt2:

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yea, a dedicated GPU (WebGL) should give noticeably better performance. :)

What you describe might be a problem with the event/plugin setup, perhaps a "slow" plugin command running every frame? Not sure, but "flickering" sounds like the lighting/parallax layer might be getting re-initialised (i.e. deleted and created again) rather than just refreshed (update position/tint/scale/whatever of existing sprites). Or it might just be too much for the engine to handle. :kaoswt2:
my gpu is 1080ti that make me concerned to the player
and the flickering is happen when player walk past some length of map
it not happen every time I play test
but actually it happen at the same length of map
maybe the parallax img is to big for memories when combine with lightning plugin
so they clear memory and re create llike you said?
it not happen when I don’t use lightning plugin in parallax map

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you might be right about it being an image cache problem: lots of large sprites here and it seems OK after you've scrolled the map once. You can adjust the size of the cache using the cacheLimit parameter of the Community_Basic plugin (included when you make a new project); default is 10 MPix. :)

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you might be right about it being an image cache problem: lots of large sprites here and it seems OK after you've scrolled the map once. You can adjust the size of the cache using the cacheLimit parameter of the Community_Basic plugin (included when you make a new project); default is 10 MPix. :)
thank you
I'm not sure about that
had mess around before but can't see the difference
how much cache do you suggest
I don't know if it too much will cause other problem?
----
edit... actually I already set it to 99 :kaoblush:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could test a big number first, e.g. 100, just to see if it has any effect. If it does, you could try smaller numbers like 20, 30, 40? With parallaxed maps you'll probably need more cache than usual for smooth gameplay.

I think the trade-off is RAM usage (bigger cache takes more RAM). Best to keep the image cache smaller if possible, but 10 MPix is small, designed to be OK for mobiles...desktop should generally be able to handle higher values. :)

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could test a big number first, e.g. 100, just to see if it has any effect. If it does, you could try smaller numbers like 20, 30, 40? With parallaxed maps you'll probably need more cache than usual for smooth gameplay.

I think the trade-off is RAM usage (bigger cache takes more RAM). Best to keep the image cache smaller if possible, but 10 MPix is small, designed to be OK for mobiles...desktop should generally be able to handle higher values. :)
I try 10000 but it still random happen
maybe it had something to do with tint?
because lightning plugin use tint screen to produce light?
-----------
nope... rid of tint it still happen
only disable that plugin help...
too bad that plugin make super beautiful light...

audo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It might be a value you could maybe try changing a hard coded value. I found a post that talks about pixi-tilemap.js They modified all the numbers 2048 to be 4096 and then all the 1024 to be 2048. This solved running out of space for oversized tilesheets. Something similar can probably be done for you if it really is a running out of catch issue but I suspect it is not really that.

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It might be a value you could maybe try changing a hard coded value. I found a post that talks about pixi-tilemap.js They modified all the numbers 2048 to be 4096 and then all the 1024 to be 2048. This solved running out of space for oversized tilesheets. Something similar can probably be done for you if it really is a running out of catch issue but I suspect it is not really that.
thank you
I already try that one to... 16987 or something over 10000
the out come is the same
now I make my owns parallax code not sure it is smoother
or I just smug with my code :kaoblush:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We'll be doing another giveaway of MZ on the stream tomorrow! Thank you SykoGaming for contributing a copy for the community! :D
Sorry guys! Been away for long this time. Got attacked by my anxieties again. At least no more bedbugs. Got logged out of here and layout seems strange now a bit.
My old project is now a sitcom
How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memakegamemekillminority