Change screen size

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by gui8312, Jun 7, 2019.

1. gui8312

gui8312 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Hello :)

I have a follow up question:
    What do I work on to modify screen size? I am talking about the whole game screen with graphics and all. Would love to get a screen at 200% without blur, that would make my day!

Maybe there is a script out there already? Cant find anything that is ok for commercial use... But I am patient I would learn to do it by myself, as long as I knew where to start.

I would fill the rest of the screen with black... any pointers on that?

Any help I would really appreciate it...this would actually allow me to keep working with RMXP. I just dont feel like I can release a commercial game with a screen that is very blurry or 640x480.

2. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

@gui8312 Please don't hijack someone else's thread. I've moved this to a new topic for you, since it deserves its own one. I've also moved it to Script Requests.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    nothing can get the internal screen size beyond 640x480, because that is the limit of the closed-source dll that handles the graphics.

to go beyond that externally needs a script that utilises the windows resize methods on the internal screen size. There are a few, but I don't have the links - search for zoom scripts.

after that it's only mathematics - choose which size you want the zoom to go to, then divide that size by 2 or 3 or 4 or whatever full numbers to get the required internal size. Your target is a combination where the internal screen size is 640x480 or lower with a full multiply to get to your wanted fullsize pixel number.

4. MobiusXVI

MobiusXVI Game Maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is probably what you're looking for, but fair warning it's not simple to use nor is it "plug and play".

5. gui8312

gui8312 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @slimmmeiske2 sorry about that... honestly I didnt think it would be considered hijacking - I thought it was just a continued discussion... but now that I think of it more the original poster was not interested in the question anymore (was that it?)

Thank you @Andar and @MobiusXVI :) I will look into writing a zoom script!