Change screen width/height only for map and not menu and title screen etc?

masanobu91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
Is it possible?

masanobu91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
I still assistance with this plug in.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
don't think it's possible.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

masanobu91, please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is possible:

Code:
if ($gameMap._mapId === yourMap){
    // change resolution to full HD when map Id is whatever you want
    var xSize = 1920;
    var ySize = 1080;
    window.moveBy(-1 * xSize / 2, -1 * ySize / 2);
    window.resizeBy(xSize, ySize);
} else {
    // otherwise return to low resolution
    var xSize = 520;
    var ySize = 360;
    window.moveBy(-1 * xSize / 2, -1 * ySize / 2);
    window.resizeBy(xSize, ySize);
}
and here you can obtain ID of your map - https://prnt.sc/ttmn2q

I didn't test it, but in Yanfly's Core Engine plugin those methods are used to set resolution.

Reactions: Bex

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe his Headline ment that he wants bigger Game Resolution but the Menu size shall stay the same,
but centered in the Screen. I guess the Menu and Textboxes look to big and stretched on bigger Game Resolutions.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then no, game maps are JSON files so even we manage to write code that extends params and nodes in that file, map file is already loaded into memory, game would be needed to restart, but then, all unsaved changes will be lost and you stuck in endless loop.

Game Starts -> Load Map -> Changes Map size -> Reload game -> Start Game

And most important thing, that kind of altering files is very dangerous for entire game, you may damage some important file(s) and BOOM! "Back to drawing board"

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He dont want to manipulate the map, the menu size and textbox size and position while Game size stays like set in the plugins. Edits: The Screensize would not change, but the window size of the menu and textbox would. I guess OP formulated his question a bit vague.
Sorry my english isnt the best, iam not good in explaining such things.

masanobu91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello everyone, thank you for your support!

I wasn't clear at all of what i wanted to do and I'm so sorry about that T_T

So basically what i want to do is that all the maps runs at 896x504 and all the entire things in the game like battle, menus etc stay at 1280x720.

Then no, game maps are JSON files so even we manage to write code that extends params and nodes in that file, map file is already loaded into memory, game would be needed to restart, but then, all unsaved changes will be lost and you stuck in endless loop.

Game Starts -> Load Map -> Changes Map size -> Reload game -> Start Game

And most important thing, that kind of altering files is very dangerous for entire game, you may damage some important file(s) and BOOM! "Back to drawing board"
So you mean, it can't be done with that code? T_T

He dont want to manipulate the map, the menu size and textbox size and position while Game size stays like set in the plugins. Edits: The Screensize would not change, but the window size of the menu and textbox would. I guess OP formulated his question a bit vague.
Sorry my english isnt the best, iam not good in explaining such things.
Actually what i want to do is to zoom the map closer, but can't use the normal zoom map plugins because you lose a lot of image quality doing that way.
So basically, if there is ANY way to zoom the map without losing pixels, it would do the work for me T_T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I am having a great day today humans! May your day be great too! Praise the altar.
Recently discovered that an old member called "Kaus" stole some tilesets from other games, claim as yours, and some people associate his nick with mine. Besides having the same name, he was publishing tilesets too. Bad luck? Guess maybe I'll need to change my nickname... :(

My best practices for a new amazing plugin by this author https://kagedesuworkshop.blogspot.com
Hark, I like trains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saediga