Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Guys :)

I just want to know how to change this one. I have an Event which Option selected is Through and Direction Fix and the Priority is Same as Character.

The Problem is When i walk to that event by Moving Up and Down the Image of that event is Hanging In front of my character.

Here's the Screenshot:

Anyone know how to change that on Script? Thanks thanks thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mrcopra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
then change priority to below

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mrcopra: But i want it to remain and trigger it by Same As Character priority 

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why do you have it set to through? That what allows your character to walk through it.

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Uzuki: Because I want to trigger it by the priority Same As Character that's why i set it to Through. 

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then you want to set the through to off. Because if the player can walk through it, the event won't activate because the engine is registering that the player isn't touching the event.

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Uzuki: Yeah that's the point i don't want to trigger it Below Characters. I can pass through to that event but i trigger it Same as character.

But the problem is if i walk through that event upward the Image of the event is hanging in front of my character :(

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It won't trigger because the player can't interact with it with Through on. If you set it to Same As Characters it will be on the same level as the player and they can touch it without walking through it.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A few potential issues here ...

Let's first understand priorities and triggers.  Do you WANT to be able to walk onto the dog?  It seems unusual - not something you'd normally be able to do.  Checking the Through box, with any priority, or setting the priority to Below or Above Characters, means you have to be standing ON the event to interact with it.  Setting it to Same as Characters, and UNchecking the Through box, means you interact with the event from the next tile.  This is how you would normally interact with an event that has a moving sprite - like a person or an animal.

The other thing I notice is that when your PC and the dog are on the same tile, the dog is a few pixels below the PC.  This might indicate that your character sheet with the dog has a ! at the start of the name.  This is also a bit unusual - a ! is usually reserved for map-like character sheets - objects rather than living things.  Things like doors, chests, switches (this is so they line up with the grid - the bottom of a door will be in line with the bottom of the building, for example).  People and animals normally don't have that (so it looks more normal when they walk on things that ARE lined up with the grid - bridges, for instance), and in fact the default RTP doesn't have a ! at the start of the file name for the animals.  It seems like something you've done yourself that is the opposite of the way the default RTP handles it.  THIS is what's causing your dog to display in front when you are on the same tile - the y coordinate of its sprite is causing it to be sorted above (and thus displayed above) your PC.

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Uzuki: But it's working on my project? if i set the option to Through On and the priority to Same as Character. I can trigger it in a same level but not on the same tile and also i can walk on it because the option is Selected Through. Is there any issue Between Through On and Same as Character? For me there's no issue aside from Hanging the image in front of my character :(

@Shaz: the file name of the dog is no ! at the start of the File name. 

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you walk upward to the tile and move one more time you will notice that the image is displaying in front of the character but if you move left or Right the tile is not displaying infron of the character in short it's normal that you can pass through it. the problem is moving upward. Something wrong with my explanation? Sorry :)  I'm not good in English.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show us the picture of the spritesheet you're using?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you double check that?  Do you have two files that are the same and one has a ! in front?  I made a copy of the Nature character sheet and put a ! in front and ended up with exactly what you have in your screenshot.  I made another event using the character sheet without the ! and it worked properly.

Do you have any plugins, and if you disable them all does the problem still happen?  I wonder, if you definitely don't have a ! in the file name (it could be the second character, not the first), if you've got a plugin that lets you disable the 'move up x pixels' for certain events, and if that's what's happening here.

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's the screenshot: 

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok you just need to turn the Through box to off.

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you  :)  Here's the last question Sir @Uzuki is there anyway to change that (Hanging In front of the character when moving upward to it) when i Set the Through Box On?

If there's no way i will use the command (Facing: Left,Right,Up,Down) to trigger the event and set the priority to Below Character.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You want to know what direction he's facing when you interact with him?  Is that the only reason you're using Through?

See if this helps - it stops the event form turning towards the player when you interact with it.  However, if it's on a move route or moving randomly, it might still keep moving.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/49304-keep-moving-event/

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Uzuki: If ever i get to fix that i can apply it to my farming system.

Here's what i want to accomplish: Flowing the soil by setting the priority in Same as Character so I can access it by the same level but not on the same tile right? If i didn't check the Through of the event i can't go through that tile. However it is a soil so i want to go through that tile, that's why i checked the through box. And my problem is 

If the character walk upward to the tile and move again one more time you will notice the image of that tile is displaying in front of the character in just a few moment.

@Shaz: Nope Mam Shaz.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok so if I understand you want to walk on top of the soil and still interact with it? Then you need to set it to Below Character and the event will be under the player rather then over them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Let's promote our amazing artists in RPG Maker community! I posted right now about my game Phil Alone on Twitter and I decided to thanks Lime Zu, the amazing artist that did all the pixel assets for my game!
I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:
The neighbourhood cats brought me a kitten today. They sat him on the step and semi-circled him. He's adorable, but now I gotta find somewhere for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lumeen