Change size of skill window in battle

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by RoseofElandil, Apr 12, 2019.

1. RoseofElandil

RoseofElandil Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi guys, hopefully this is not in the wrong forum...

I've enlarged the window for my VX Ace game, but unfortunately the skill window have not resized with the enlargement. I was wondering if there's a code I have to edit to make it resize so that the 2 columns of all skill lists in battle are spaced symmetrically?

Right now it looks like this and I just want to make the columns space out evenly (image is attached)

Skill column.png

The demo containing the code can be found on Moghunter's website, or I can post it if someone can't find it, as it's too big to put in one post with the image. Great if someone could point me in the right direction as to where the resizing code can be found. Thanks a lot! :D

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Anything to do with getting a script to work belongs in RGSSx Script Support. So...

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I get that the demo is too large to post, but could you at least tell us the name of the particular script? Did you use Yanfly's Core Engine script to enlarge the window, or is it purely within a Moghunter script? Or maybe some other?

3. Traverse

Traverse Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yes and no.

First, you need to put your screen resizing code above the Battle HUD scripts. Mog's script is already set up to detect the size of the screen (Graphics.width) and adjust the skill window width accordingly but it will only detect the correct size if it is set before the script runs (i.e. above the Battle Hud script on the list, otherwise the size hasn't been changed yet when the script checks it).

BUT this will only change the internal size of the window and centralize the text. It will not change the size of the skill window background because the skill window background is a PNG image file with a fixed size of 544x127px located in the Graphics/HUD/Battle folder.

So without altering the image file too, you will end up with a skill window that has properly spaced and centralized text, but the text extending out of the grey box because that will stay the same size.

RoseofElandil likes this.
  4. RoseofElandil

RoseofElandil Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh, can’t believe I forgot to try that! Thank you :) it worked wonderfully. Let’s close this thread.

====Edit: Sorry Kes, I didn’t see your message. I thought I included the name of the script I was using (Battle_Hud_EX) but looks like I left it out with after re-editing the post a dozen times to try to make it fit. @.@ and also I was using one line of code (Graphics.resize[640,480]) rather than any other additional scripting, and placing that single code above all of MogHunter’s scripts resolved the issue. Just a note to any others also troubled by this issue :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019