Bonfi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and new to RPG Maker (and developing games in general).
I am making my first game and I am having this issue: I'd like to have events where the player cuts down logs with an axe, like it used to be in the Pokemon games where you could use "Cut" to clear the way.
I made a Common Event that I'm gonna use for each log that blocks the way. The event asks you if you want to use your axe, and if you say "Yes" it shows the slashing animation on the log and afterwards it erases the event.
Problem is, when the player selects the "Yes" option, the sound "Decision1" plays and it's quite loud compared to the slashing sound.
I'd like, just for this specific event, to not play the "Decision1" sound so that the slashing sound can be heard clearly.

Attached is the common event.

Attachments

• Log.png
    Log.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 3

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Moving to Plugin Requests

You will need a plugin if you actually want to be able to change the Decision1 sound/parameters or to disable the selection sound for particular events.

Alternately, you could just go into the System tab where the sounds are defined, and make it quieter.

Bonfi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok thank you! Anyone knows what plugin should I use?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

..of the major old school series that began in the 80s- early 90s, I still haven't beaten 'a' Zelda game. Mario 64 was the first Mario I've beaten. I don't know if I should give that honor to Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds(I currently own both). Well technically I've haven't beaten a Sonic either (Game Genie doesn't count =P).
headshot_headinfo.jpg
Time to add the "headshot" concept into the game so that people may actually aim at the heads when shooting zombies and get massive damage and armor-pen bonus as rewards. :kaojoy:
(The red area is just for visually debug purposes right now. But, it's possible that I will add something that displays the weak spots of enemies in the future.)
Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilyrich