BlackMage

The Warlock of Darkness
Veteran
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
58
Reaction score
25
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure if this is the right board. Oh, well, here goes nothing.


So, I deploy a game for android using RPG Maker MV, and upload it to google play store.


The apk was made by following the method provided in this thread :


forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47780-androidios-tldr-converting-your-project-using-the-manual-method/


When I went to up update the apk on google play store, it ask me to update apk version, like this article suggest :


http://developer.android.com/tools/publishing/versioning.html
 


The example that article provide is written on xml or something and the method that I follow is quite different. I suspect that it can be done by tampering with manifest.json file, but I don't know how to do it.


Any help?


Btw, changing the "xwalk_version" didn't help.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Joined
Dec 17, 2012
Messages
4,698
Reaction score
937
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Assuming you used the application in the thread you listed, have you tried just changing the version number to something higher than what you put in before?
 

BlackMage

The Warlock of Darkness
Veteran
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
58
Reaction score
25
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, I changed it from 1.0.0 into 2.0.0. Trying 1.0.1 are also not helping.


also, the version code displayed are not made of 3 component like the one above. It simply said Version "1", and the article above suggest to change it to version "2", thus I'm sure that 3 component version, "xwalk_version" is not related in this case in any way.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ロリ先輩

ロリだけど先輩だよ
Veteran
Joined
Mar 13, 2012
Messages
380
Reaction score
98
Primarily Uses
Yes, I changed it from 1.0.0 into 2.0.0. Trying 1.0.1 are also not helping.


also, the version code displayed are not made of 3 component like the one above. It simply said Version "1", and the article above suggest to change it to version "2", thus I'm sure that 3 component version, "xwalk_version" is not related in this case in any way.

Have you tried compiling the manifest and then building the container manually?
 

BlackMage

The Warlock of Darkness
Veteran
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
58
Reaction score
25
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If by compiling the manifest you meant wrote it in an editor, then save it as json file; and building the container manually is compiling it via command prompt; then yes, I already have done it.


Also I don't see why it's matter as the first article's step is just create the same manifest file and send the same code to command prompt. The difference is just that it's automated.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BlackMage

The Warlock of Darkness
Veteran
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
58
Reaction score
25
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Solved. Turns out you need to put the Version Code manually when compiling via command prompt. If the Version Code is not provided, it will use "1" as it's default value.


This thread can be closed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE ALL GENDERS! SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL.
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha

Forum statistics

Threads
108,884
Messages
1,040,272
Members
141,320
Latest member
Hyo
Top