BlackMage

The Warlock of Darkness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure if this is the right board. Oh, well, here goes nothing.

So, I deploy a game for android using RPG Maker MV, and upload it to google play store.

The apk was made by following the method provided in this thread :

forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47780-androidios-tldr-converting-your-project-using-the-manual-method/

When I went to up update the apk on google play store, it ask me to update apk version, like this article suggest :

http://developer.android.com/tools/publishing/versioning.html

The example that article provide is written on xml or something and the method that I follow is quite different. I suspect that it can be done by tampering with manifest.json file, but I don't know how to do it.

Any help?

Btw, changing the "xwalk_version" didn't help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Assuming you used the application in the thread you listed, have you tried just changing the version number to something higher than what you put in before?

BlackMage

The Warlock of Darkness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, I changed it from 1.0.0 into 2.0.0. Trying 1.0.1 are also not helping.

also, the version code displayed are not made of 3 component like the one above. It simply said Version "1", and the article above suggest to change it to version "2", thus I'm sure that 3 component version, "xwalk_version" is not related in this case in any way.

ロリ先輩

ロリだけど先輩だよ
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yes, I changed it from 1.0.0 into 2.0.0. Trying 1.0.1 are also not helping.

also, the version code displayed are not made of 3 component like the one above. It simply said Version "1", and the article above suggest to change it to version "2", thus I'm sure that 3 component version, "xwalk_version" is not related in this case in any way.
Have you tried compiling the manifest and then building the container manually?

BlackMage

The Warlock of Darkness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If by compiling the manifest you meant wrote it in an editor, then save it as json file; and building the container manually is compiling it via command prompt; then yes, I already have done it.

Also I don't see why it's matter as the first article's step is just create the same manifest file and send the same code to command prompt. The difference is just that it's automated.

BlackMage

The Warlock of Darkness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Solved. Turns out you need to put the Version Code manually when compiling via command prompt. If the Version Code is not provided, it will use "1" as it's default value.

This thread can be closed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is it strange that dropping acid is improving my game development?
I'm starting to wonder if I should go the Half Minute Hero route with my game. The character's main weapon is logistically way too strong. So I can't really let the player continuously grow it.... But if they had to build it up each time like HMH, that could work. Also it lets me take advantage of my randomly generated maps so much more. Hmm... This could work! :LZSexcite:
std::vector, std::map and std::string. Three reasons why I'd take C++ over C. :D
Today, 1,932 RPG Maker fans died from being too wow'ed. May they rest in peace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rafane