Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems displaying a spritesheet I made with Yanfly's Animated Enemies. Due to the way the character is placed on the top of each cell on the sheet, it's showing up above where I want it to and getting cut off due to its size.

Is it possible to change the place on each cell that MV detects as the "center" and fix this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nothing should cut off any part of a sprite if the sprite is formatted correctly - not unless you're talking about the editor display only, which has nothing to do with the game display.

Please show us the spritesheet so that we can check if it is made correctly, and tell us where and what is cut off.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nothing should cut off any part of a sprite if the sprite is formatted correctly - not unless you're talking about the editor display only, which has nothing to do with the game display.

Please show us the spritesheet so that we can check if it is made correctly, and tell us where and what is cut off.
Let me first rephrase- I just realized something that I didn't before. The problem is being caused by my use of Yanfly's Animated Enemies' "scale sprite" function. It appears to be scaling the empty space as well as the sprite itself.

Here's the relevant screenshots:

upload_2019-11-10_12-22-52.png
In the editor.

upload_2019-11-10_12-23-28.png
In-game.

Is the spritesheet truly necessary, given the information I just provided? Given all the thefts lately, I'm hesitant to post it.

Thank you for your help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It appears to be scaling the empty space as well as the sprite itself.
of course it does - because the computer can neither see the sprite nor the empty space, it only knows the entire cell of the sprite.

when that happens you need to use an image program to either re-position the image inside the cell or resize the cell or a combination of both depending on what effect you want to have.

The spritesheet is only needed if the information above is not ennough for you to find out how to change the sprite for yourself.
If you want more advice on how to change the sprite we need to see it, but if you know understand what to do then we don't need it.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
of course it does - because the computer can neither see the sprite nor the empty space, it only knows the entire cell of the sprite.

when that happens you need to use an image program to either re-position the image inside the cell or resize the cell or a combination of both depending on what effect you want to have.

The spritesheet is only needed if the information above is not ennough for you to find out how to change the sprite for yourself.
If you want more advice on how to change the sprite we need to see it, but if you know understand what to do then we don't need it.
All right, I see. Thank you for your help- I thought that since the computer can detect the transparency, it was "gone" and no longer factored into how the image was treated. I see that I was wrong.

Thank you again, @Andar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)
Things I thought would never happen but just did: I needed to use my snow shovel. In August. In the Northern Hemisphere.
So I finished Cupcake, now I need to figure out my next project!
Do I pick up one of my incomplete games?
Do I start something entirely new???
The possibilities are endless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarina