change the opacity to the passage

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Arigatonty, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Arigatonty

Arigatonty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    française
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG] Hi everybody

I'm looking for how to change the opacity of a walk when the player and the non player passes on it.

I have transparent tileset that you see on the image (which I put in the tileset folder). And other non transparent that I put in charactère.

I try a lot of things and I can not do it.

In addition I would like to put a sound when the character goes on the march ^^

thank you for your help, I'm french and I use google translation (sorry ^^)

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You can have a touch event on the first tile of that passage that has the command Change Opacity (this is inside the move route command afaik)

But this only works for the player, not for other events...

If you also want events to change opacity, you can just make a parallel event that checks the location of all moving events and change opacity if they are in the passage.

This is assuming you want to change opacity of the player... If its the tiles, then you can either use a picture instead and set opacity as player moves, or use two tilesets and issue a tileset change command when the player walks into it

3. Restart

Restart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is the background static?

If so, the crude-but-simple way of handling it is to put a picture of the background on the lower half of the screen, with the top edge of that picture being semitransparent. Since the picture is on the top layer, it'll overlap the lower tiles, making it look like they're turning transparent.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Arigatonty
    as I tried to explain to you in the previous topic you made, you should not (and cannot) change the transparency of the tileset.
    Instead you should place a picture on top of the stairs and change the opacity of that picture to hide the stairs.

and the best way to do that is to change the opacity of that picture in GIMP or Photoshop, and NOT in the RM editor.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
  5. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Andar's solution is good if your background doesn't scroll or animate.

If it does, though, I think the best way would be to create one HUGE event graphic with the entire staircase (you will need to make the graphic file three times as wide and four times as tall as that entire staircase, and place the staircase in one 1/12 of the file, like the upper-left 1/12). Be sure to name the file with both a $ and a ! at the beginning of the file name. Place the staircase event exactly where your little white square is in your screenshot. Set it to "Direction Fix", "Below Player", and make sure that all Walking/Stepping animations are off.

Have small, invisible events at the top and bottom of the staircase to change the Opacity of the staircase to 128 (or some other value around there) when the player steps on, and 255 when the player steps off - and add whatever sound effects, etc., you want to in there.

6. Arigatonty

First Language:
    française
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    so I left for the moment in transparent because otherwise it will annoy me :(

7. Restart

Restart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually, wait. Do you want the ENTIRE staircase to change, or just the tiles that are actively being stepped on?

If it's the ENTIRE staircase, you can use yanfly's doodads and switches. Make the entire staircase a doodad. Have two staircases (one opaque and one fully transparent, and have an event at the bottom and top of the staircase trigger the switches.

8. Arigatonty

First Language:
    française
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I posted this video recently to show some ideas, including the staircase itself. I am not 100% convinced of my work.

9. Restart

Restart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, okay. You want the staircase to appear, and be semitransparent?

That's definitely possible with yanfly's doodads, using the extended doodad pack. Just build the entire staircase as a doodad and use switches.