Change The Title Screen Music From An Event?

ProfessorCreepyPasta

Horror Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a plugin that lets me change the title screen bgm with an event or using plugin commands? I really want this for something I want to do for a game I'm making. I've tried researching this online but no luck.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What happens with the title screen music when they first launch the game, and no save file has been loaded? What happens with it if there are multiple save files at different stages of the game, and they haven't selected whether they want to load a saved game, or which one, or start a new game?

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also what should happen if the player reaches the event but then deletes their save file and starts over?

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm... I have a solution for some of your questions Shaz and Aloe...

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/jackkels-persistent-switches.47640/ allows you to setup persistent switches and variables. So the title screen can just have an event that checks for a persistent variable like "Title Music" to be 0, if so play the default music. And just have other if statements for each music you want, like if Title Music = 1 play the next music. Then as the game progresses the variable can simply be added to at various points. So the music would reflect the furthest save. Obviously if new game is selected, then the variable can be set to 0, so that would make it return to the original music the next time the game is started.

Also http://himeworks.com/2015/12/sync-save-data/ will allow the next time the variable is interacted with to make it saved across all the saves, so it will reflect the most recently played save. Obviously the downside of this approach is it wouldn't update to the new music until the next time the variable is interacted with. So if you wanted to handle that you'd have to set that variable frequently during a playthrough to account for a lot of save switching. So maybe if a town or dungeon is entered, set the variable to whatever you want for that portion of the game.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those are good solutions, but it's up to the OP to clarify what they *want* to happen. It's their project after all :)

ProfessorCreepyPasta

Horror Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been listening to the new music tracks for MZ included in the sample game projects ... for way too long. Quite catchy!
Small rant: While using SRD Hud maker for a battle hud, I typed in the wrong script call and got an error, but then forgot to delete the piece that caused the error before closed the Hud maker and hit F5 to restart the game. Now everytime I engage in a battle my game crashes...
:kaolivid:
Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz