First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Tile Size
Version 1.0
by Fomar0153

Description
Allows you to use tilesets of different sizes in RPG Maker MZ.

Features
Easily use resources from older rpg makers!

Screenshots
I2YeH69.png

5Cbi2PY.png

Top: 64px tile; Bottom: 32px tiles

How to Use
Place the plugin in your project's js/plugins/ folder.
Inside RPG Maker MZ's editor, open the Plugin Manager.
Create a new entry and select this plugin from the list.
Customise the options to your liking and then click ok.

Ok so how this works is there are two copies of the tileset, one for the editor and one for the game.
They must have the same name, except the editor version has an additional string, (the key string from the plugin manager).
For example:
Ace64Dungeon_A5.png (this is the 64 pixel version the game will use)
!Ace64Dungeon_A5.png (this is the 48 pixel version the editor will use, note it has ! - the default key string)

You are welcome to use my resource converters to faciliate using this plugin:
https://rpgmakeronline.org/converters/

Download
Click here.

FAQ
Q: My map looks like garbage.
A: Please double check you have your tilesize set to the correct width/height.

Credits
Fomar0153

Terms of Use
As long as I am credited, you may use this plugin in your projects both commercial and non-commercial.

Last edited:

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!

By the way, when using the VX/VX Ace 32x32 tilesets, they look tiny in the screen. Could it be possible to add a feature to adjust the screen zoom x1.5/x2/x3 when using that tile size?

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By the way, when using the VX/VX Ace 32x32 tilesets, they look tiny in the screen. Could it be possible to add a feature to adjust the screen zoom x1.5/x2/x3 when using that tile size?

Maybe not the best longterm solution, but if you want zooming in conjunction with this, there is a ScreenZoom plugin included in the BasicResources/plugins/launch folder that can zoom the map in with a plugin command? Would be better with a permanent map based one but that should work okay for now.

By the way Fomar, this is looking great! :‌D

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe not the best longterm solution, but if you want zooming in conjunction with this, there is a ScreenZoom plugin included in the BasicResources/plugins/launch folder that can zoom the map in with a plugin command? Would be better with a permanent map based one but that should work okay for now.

By the way Fomar, this is looking great! :‌D

It can be a temporary solution, indeed.

However, and for the sake of comfort, an integrated feature like this in the plugin will be appreciated when changing the tile size to something smaller than 48x48. Something like a setup in the parameters of the plugin, or a notetag in the Map Settings to adjust the default zoom for the screen.

Sarah_yt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you so much, I was waiting for this! <3

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for making this. This was exactly what I was looking for.

Sarah_yt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Btw, I'm not sure if others have encountered this, but this plugin doesn't work with the 'DevToolsManage' plugin that came with the Steam DLC. I have to turn it off, otherwise this error comes up.

It's no biggy for me, but might be for others.

Attachments

• Plugin 1.PNG
    Plugin 1.PNG
    131 KB · Views: 19
  • Plugin 2.PNG
    Plugin 2.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 19

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
O.O ... my gawd.... okie, okie, will try here soon in a sec! Thank yous! X3

EDIT:

@Fomar0153 - Ok, so the png files of the tiles Im using in editor (the ones I click on in the tile Palette to draw with on the map) all need to have a "!" at the begining? And the tiles I want to appear in the game need to be named the same as the editor tiles, but no "!" .

Im asking becuase thats how I have it set up but when I launch the game nothing happens, just the tiles I have set up in the map editor (the "!" ones), not the other. And I do have the plugin set to on, and no other plugins at all.

EDIT: Yeah, Its just not doing anything at all for me. Im sure I must have missed somthing, but as far as I can tell I have it set up per the instructions. Is there maybe a possibility for a sample project for this plugin?

Last edited:

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Sorry I don't intend to add such a feature. If you're planning to use x2 or x3 why not just upscale the resoruces to begin with? It'd give you complete control how they'd appear in game.

Btw, I'm not sure if others have encountered this, but this plugin doesn't work with the 'DevToolsManage' plugin that came with the Steam DLC. I have to turn it off, otherwise this error comes up.

It's no biggy for me, but might be for others.

I get that error from the DevToolsManage plugin even when it's my only enabled plugin. Are you sure the issue is specifically with this plugin?

O.O ... my gawd.... okie, okie, will try here soon in a sec! Thank yous! X3

EDIT:

@Fomar0153 - Ok, so the png files of the tiles Im using in editor (the ones I click on in the tile Palette to draw with on the map) all need to have a "!" at the begining? And the tiles I want to appear in the game need to be named the same as the editor tiles, but no "!" .

Im asking becuase thats how I have it set up but when I launch the game nothing happens, just the tiles I have set up in the map editor (the "!" ones), not the other. And I do have the plugin set to on, and no other plugins at all.

EDIT: Yeah, Its just not doing anything at all for me. Im sure I must have missed somthing, but as far as I can tell I have it set up per the instructions. Is there maybe a possibility for a sample project for this plugin?

Weird, just to check, you didn't rename the plugin did you?

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Fomar0153 - Ahhhhh....that just might be the issue XD lol. I just copied and pasted it in a text file and named it “Fomars Tile size plugin”... will fix this. Thank you

EDIT:

Works as advertised now, btw :3 ! Thanks

Last edited:

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
you sir are a god among mortals, especially with those converters, wow. thank you!

SkyLizardGirl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does this work for 2k3 type tiles? I am interested in this if that is the case.

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does this work for 2k3 type tiles? I am interested in this if that is the case.

It would yes, though they would be tiny if used in their original 16 pixel width/height format.

Choraß

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Always a welcome Plugin for RPG MAKER. Great that JS coders still care this feature, thanks a lot.
Just of curiosity i tried Shaz's MV tile change Plugin as well, and it also works fine. :LZSjoy:

LadyAdiraa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, I'm having an issue where half of my tiles are showing up black in game. I'm not sure if I'm somehow miscalculating numbers here. To test things out I decided to change the tile size from 48 to 96. So a double, which I felt would be easy to calculate when ballooning the tilesets up.

For example the 48x48 Outside_A2 is 768 x 576. (named !Outside_A2 and used in Editor)
For 96x96, I'm resizing Outside_A2 to 1536 x 1152. (named Outside_A2)

But, for some reason the Outside_A2 (along with quite a few other ones) aren't showing up when I load the game. They're completely black.

I'm really excited to try and use this plugin. If anyone can offer me some help or advice, I'd be forever appreciative. > . <

EDIT: I resized them down to 64x64 and it works fine. I guess the problem was that 96x96 was too large. :kaoswt:

Last edited:

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Always a welcome Plugin for RPG MAKER. Great that JS coders still care this feature, thanks a lot.
Just of curiosity i tried Shaz's MV tile change Plugin as well, and it also works fine. :LZSjoy:
Thanks for this comment! I gave this plugin a thumbs up, it mostly works for me. But what I liked about Shaz plugin was the scaling of paralaxes, since I extensively use those and don't actually use tiles.

After seeing your comment I gave the old plugin a try and it actually works, so I can keep my MV workflow ^_^.

EDIT: I resized them down to 64x64 and it works fine. I guess the problem was that 96x96 was too large. :kaoswt:
For MV you had to change a few lines in some of the main files for that to work. I still have the notes somewhere if you still need it.

EDIT: In case anyone is curious about the 96 tiles this worked for me in MV but I haven't tried in MZ yet. So it may or may not work, or be relevant.

Here is the important info
i found a pretty simple way to get tiles up to 128x128 working in
RPG Maker MV 1.3.5
You only need to edit one single file inside your project:

libs/pixi-tilemap.js
In there search for values 2048 and replace all of them with 4096,
after that search for 1024 and replace all of those with 2048.
Thats it, change the tile size inside the plugin to 128, and you're good to go...

PIXI-Tilemap seems to load up to 4 PNG Files into one texture, so when a PNG height
or width normally is above 1024 (which is 64x64 tiles), it generates an error, because
it tries to put part of the PNG outside the texture.
Here is the original source

Last edited:

WingedHares

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indo/Not Fluent
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello. I'm interested in this plugin, but is it possible to make the tilesets non-pixelated? It's certainly possible for non-autotiles, but yeah, it's the autotiles I'm concerned with :')

I figured it's possible if the size accommodates it, but I'm new to this, so quite unsure.

I considered parallax mapping, but, I feel it'd only add unnecessary headaches to some features in the game since they require the changing of tiles :'D

Thank you in advance ^^

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for this comment! I gave this plugin a thumbs up, it mostly works for me. But what I liked about Shaz plugin was the scaling of paralaxes, since I extensively use those and don't actually use tiles.

After seeing your comment I gave the old plugin a try and it actually works, so I can keep my MV workflow ^_^.

For MV you had to change a few lines in some of the main files for that to work. I still have the notes somewhere if you still need it.

EDIT: In case anyone is curious about the 96 tiles this worked for me in MV but I haven't tried in MZ yet. So it may or may not work, or be relevant.

Here is the important info

Here is the original source
MZ doesn't have pixi-tilemap.js, it just has pixi, I changed the value to 4096 but still black tiles.

Please help... I paid for a upscale software (which also depixelizes) and now I'm doomed.1630251998578.png
Happens with trees, all floor tiles, autotiles looks weird.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmar