- Feb 3, 2019
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
you're not doing anything wrong, there is a size limit imposed by pixi.jscan you please help me figure out what I am doing wrong?
oh i must have missed that when i was reading threw everything. Thank you!you're not doing anything wrong, there is a size limit imposed by pixi.js
if you go back some pages of this topic, you'll find a descriptioon of someone how to increase that limit - but be carefull as larger tiles require a lot more RAM and if you go too large yor game will lag to hell.
alright, so i gave that a try, updating all the numbers on the JS file it said to do and Im still having the same issue. Im attempting to make a tile set that is 96X96 and when i run the game my player is put in a black abyss with no background tiles. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?oh i must have missed that when i was reading threw everything. Thank you!
So a strange thing happened, I had to restart my computer due to an update for windows and when i got back on RPG maker the 'background' tiles started working, however i tried to make some 'table' tiles as well to see if the update fixed it and now they won't spawn it. Im not sure why this is happening but I thought it would be good to point out.please attach both the ingame tilesheet and the editor tilesheet you're using for mapping, as well as screenshots of both the map in the editor and the map ingame.
additionally, please give the full filepath of your project, from drive letter to index.html - there are a few things that have nothing to do with the plugin that can prevent the project from loading resources, mostly using the wrong letters or symbols in the file- and foldernames.
oh, i didn't know the tile sheet issue, i had them working just fine before the plugin but as im new to the program i could see how that would be an issue.@YeashaStone
several mistakes from you, that have nothing to do with the plugin
1) incomplete tilesheets
It is known that the engine has problems with incomplete tilesheets. You'll need a full tilesheet or it will cause graphical problems.
If you don't have such a tilesheet in your own style, resize a default tilesheet to the new grid-size and only replace what you have with your own tiles on that tilesheet. NEVER use incomplete tilesheets as you have above.
2) wrong folderpath
I specifically asked you to have the filepath start at the drive letter, not at "documents" or "my computer". There is a good reason for this, because on screenshots like the ones above part of the path is masked away by windows.
That said, even that partial path shows problems:
There must NEVER be spaces in the foldernames of an HTML5-based game, and you have several spaces there ("What's going on" contains two spaces). You can see that in any browser message where the spaces are replaced by %20 exactly because the browser can't handle them in filepaths, and that can prevent the engine from loading files (tilesheet not loaded = remains invisible).
There might be more such wrong cases because you didn't show the filepath above "documents", or other forbidden symbols etc.
you shouldn't have to, let me change a setting, also, for some reason i can get the B tile to work in the editor on the E tile area but none of the others so thats an update"This shared file or folder link has been removed or is unavailable to you".
I don't have to create an account there to download it, do I?
I don't like the way pastebin names the files by default, so I'm going to be moving all my plugins and scripts away from pastebin at some point. In this case though, it's not what caused your problem.Add to your plugins folder (file name should be ChangeTileSize.js).
oh my goodness it works! I thought i followed the previous post but must have missed a few of them. You are amazing, TYSM!Okay, I can access it now. I'll have a look after the download is finished and see what I can find.
There is no difference at all between the B, C, D and E tiles.
first, you didn't give your plugin the right name:
I don't like the way pastebin names the files by default, so I'm going to be moving all my plugins and scripts away from pastebin at some point. In this case though, it's not what caused your problem.
You didn't change all the values in the pixi_tilemap.js file that you needed to. There are still 4 instances of 1024 in there. When I changed them to 2048 as stated here it worked fine.