Change Title Screen (New Game, Continue, Shutdown) Options

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Genii Benedict, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Genii Benedict

Genii Benedict Supervillain, Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi all,

I've searched all over the place for the ability to change the title screen options, and I'm at a loss. What I'm looking for is the ability to gain more control over my title screen, and change the text, placement, fonts and colours for the "New Game", "Continue" and "Shutdown" options.

I know that there are scripts for previous versions, as I have found one where it changes the title screen for each menu choice, allowing you to 'draw' the options you want and have the screen change based upon your selections. Unfortunately, it doesn't presently work in Ace. (I also wouldn't choose to use the one I had found, as it was a YouTube link to someone else's work, and the poster did not credit them directly. They actually had the gall to say, "I don't know where this is from originally, but you should go find it before using it in your work! Class act.)

I apologize if this is readily available, but if so, I'd love to know where to find it. If it is not, are there any enterprising developers out there willing to create something like this for me?

Thanks in advance!

GB

2. TDS

TDS - T D S - Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You can change the text in the "Terms", on the lower right.

As for changing the font size and name, this might do it.

Code:
    #==============================================================================
    # ** Window_TitleCommand
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #  This window is for selecting New Game/Continue on the title screen.
    #==============================================================================
    class Window_TitleCommand < Window_Command
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # * Draw Item
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      def draw_item(index)
        contents.font.name = "Arial"   
        contents.font.size = 20
        super
      end
    end

Just put the script above main and change "Arial" to the font name you want and font size to the size of the font, please note that the window does not adjust itself based on size, so a font size larger than the line height might get cropped.

And Changing the placement of the text itself is a bit more tricky and involves far more editing. I don't have the time right now to do something like that, but I'm sure there's plenty of people who know how to do it.

3. Genii Benedict

Genii Benedict Supervillain, Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ah-ha! I see what you mean. It's in the 'Database' settings, in the 'Terms' settings in the bottom right Thanks!

That worked, thanks! Sooner or later, I'll get down to learning this scripting properly. This did exactly what I wanted, thanks!

I see that. I've been reading through the different modules and pieces of code inside the scripting component. It certainly isn't easy for the layman. I commend you and the others who know this stuff. Very impressive.