Not open for further replies.

Masterslash2000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So the thing is, I'm trying to make a skill which you can activate to change weapons of a certain actor in the middle of the battle.

Using a call to a common event is NOT working, neither placing a switch in it that leads to a battle event.

Anyone got any ideas?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you post screenshots of your skill with the call to the common event and the common event itself?

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The common event works for me.

Just call the common event from the skill effect like this :

1582246821464.png

My common event was only this :

1582246867742.png

And then, using this skill, my warrior went from a spear to sword.

Masterslash2000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok sorry for the late reply. I have it exactly as belatucadrus pointed out, but somehow does not make it possible.

I debugged the event and it actually DOES go throught it.

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is your character able to wield that weapon ?

In the database you have to configure your weapons, actors and classes, to link each weapon to their respective actors.

For example,you will probably set a mage like this :

1582460852030.png

Mage can equip rods as weapon and capes as armor. Meaning that even via event, you cannot make your mage equip something like an axe or an iron plate.

Then my guess is that either you didn't add the weapon in your actor/class traits, or when you created your weapon, you didn't set a weapon type that is compatible with the actor in question

Let me know is this has helped you

Masterslash2000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am sorry, but it didnt. I checked and yes, the character can equip a dagger and im trying for it to equip a dagger.

Can you pass your plugin list in case its because of a plugin?

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I created a fresh and new project for debugging. And it's true that the common event actually doesn't properly change the weapon when using "Change equip" command.

I have so much plugins, I had to test them one by one. The plugin that made possible the weapon switch is Yanfly's Item Core

If you use this plugin, you'll be able to use the "change equip" command during battle. You can configure it so it doesn't affect too much how you manage your items and the item menu screen

EDIT : If you never used one of Yanfly's plugin before, you'll also need the Core Engine plugin

Masterslash2000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THANKS! The plugin made it possible. Yet, after equipping it, I put it in the inventory and then I can change it.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Masterslash2000 If your issue has been resolved please report your thread so it can be closed. The report button is just beside the edit button at the bottom of your post. Just write "Thread solved".

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[CLOSED].[/CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new animated paths are beautiful, and look fantastic next to my improved lake/river maps. :LZSexcite:

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomasu