stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have this issue with my game where a square on my text box comes up transparent and bright. I wanted to make it pitch black ad non transparent. Anyone know how to fix this?

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Note: this is for RPG maker vx 1.02

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'General Discussion' is for looking at broad themes as they affect game making. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions go in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker VX. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Also, please don't double post (i.e. post a second time within 72 hours if no one has posted after you). If you want to add something, simply edit your earlier post and include it there.

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'General Discussion' is for looking at broad themes as they affect game making. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions go in the Support forum for the engine you are using.
[move]RPGMaker VX[/move]

Also, please don't double post (i.e. post a second time within 72 hours if no one has posted after you). If you want to add something, simply edit your earlier post and include it there.
You don't understand that no one will be able to find my post in that category in that thread forum. And to think I just made this account and I already get told that I ****ed up? great job.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Why would you think that anyone looking at General Discussion will know a single thing about VX? Only a small percentage of those active in the forums will ever have used it. At least by being in the correct forum someone with knowledge can see it and know that a query exists. They could never guess that if it had been left on General Discussion.

We have aeparate forums because they are needed if anyone is to find anything. There would be no point asking for a sprite in JavaScript Plugins, for example. Coders are unlikely to also be sprite artists. If we abolished separate categories altogether and just had a continuous list, the chances of anyone seeing your post after a day becomes exceedingly small.

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
See what I mean? Its been about several days and no reply. I don't want to be offensive but you should really go back to learning how to moderate a forum. And I will be getting rid of this thread (that is if its possible)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@stoovan
First you should remember that no one on this forum is paid to help anyone, we all give advice in our free time instead of working on our own projects, and that include moderators (who are all volunteers) as well as admins (those get paid for other work but not for working through forum help).
As a result people who post rude comments and demand our time are often getting less help than people asking nicely.

Second, VX is a very old maker that was never as popular as the makers before and after due to some changes made in its engine. As a result there are very few people using it and being able to help you. So yes, you might have to wait several weeks before you get that answer.
Nothing we can do to change that, and the only thing you can do is to remain polite in order to prevent scaring away people.

Because third there have been dozens of cases where usually helpfull people stated that they decided against helping someone because that someone was rude to the community or them.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have to change it in using scripting. I'm just not certain where. I've tried downloading VX, as I've not used it in years, but ran into difficulties and don't have time to troubleshoot that.

I tried experimenting in Ace, assuming it would be similar, but I've been unable to yet pinpoint the code that needs to be changed. And unfortunately, because VX is essentially unused these days, Google results only turn up Ace information.

I can try looking more later, but I don't have time at the moment.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@stoovan : Also please remember it is near the holidays too, so there is very little forum traffic until after New Years due to everyone traveling and spending time with family. Basically, game development and internet traffic tends to die off drastically in December, and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

So basically, please be patient. Someone who knows VX will come along to help you if you stay polite. But if you get hostile to those posting here, those who do know it will see the thread and decide "I'm not helping them". It has happened before.

PS: I don't know a thing about VX so I'm no help here for your ? I'm afraid. Hopefully mlogan can figure it out for you.

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@stoovan : Also please remember it is near the holidays too, so there is very little forum traffic until after New Years due to everyone traveling and spending time with family. Basically, game development and internet traffic tends to die off drastically in December, and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

So basically, please be patient. Someone who knows VX will come along to help you if you stay polite. But if you get hostile to those posting here, those who do know it will see the thread and decide "I'm not helping them". It has happened before.

PS: I don't know a thing about VX so I'm no help here for your ? I'm afraid. Hopefully mlogan can figure it out for you.
Understood. I kinda went off the handle there. Sorry about that.

Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Okay, I think I figured out a solution @stoovan

To start with, only the top left box of the window graphic needs to be black. Leave all the rest transparent.

Then go into the scripts editor and find the script called "Window_Base"
On line 27 it should say "self.back_opacity = 200" (without the quotes). Change the 200 to 255.

Of course, doing it this way will effect all windows in the game, not just the command on the title screen as you showed in your original post. If it is only the title screen you're looking to affect then you're probably going to have to ask someone to make you a custom title script with the dark, non-transparent text box as a requirement of the script.

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, I think I figured out a solution @stoovan

To start with, only the top left box of the window graphic needs to be black. Leave all the rest transparent.

Then go into the scripts editor and find the script called "Window_Base"
On line 27 it should say "self.back_opacity = 200" (without the quotes). Change the 200 to 255.

Of course, doing it this way will effect all windows in the game, not just the command on the title screen as you showed in your original post. If it is only the title screen you're looking to affect then you're probably going to have to ask someone to make you a custom title script with the dark, non-transparent text box as a requirement of the script.
It worked. Thanks for helping me out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Seems like people have stopped looking both ways before crossing the road nowadays. Blindly walking out into a into a road only ends in disaster.
Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
Integrating Jason Perry's japan tile set while listening to Murray Atkinson's Heaven and Earth background music.
I forgot I had an account on rpgmakercentral lol
"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keyboardjockey