Not open for further replies.

Omega Five

Advanced Meember
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
First of all: I do not own RPG Maker 2000 and I am not making a game in it, I'm talking about a game made by someone else.

I am talking about a game I downloaded yesterday, (namely KWRPG II: Dream Edition) I opened it, and I found this horrible font.horriblefont.png

My question is, can I change it? Do I need to replace a file, or do I need to open it with RPG Maker? I don't know about RPG Makers before XP, so

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not really - the makers before XP had no scripting ability, which means they needed patches for changing internal parts. And while I haven't worked with RM2K ever, applying a patch to a finished game that you have no developer access to should be difficult, especially if it is not known which patches have already been applied to it or whether or not it is made from the legal version (which has differences to the pirated one).

And it looks to me as if a lot of those "horrible" parts on that screenshot are probably not caused by the font, but by the image zooming...

Omega Five

Advanced Meember
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
It's the font, the screenshot wasn't edited in any way.

Millefeuille

Heart attack in black hair dye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Al Bhed
Primarily Uses
That's the infamous "missing font" placeholder. It's not the intended font file used by the developers, but something that the runtime defaults to when it's unable to locate RM2000 or RM2000G. This issue only exists with projects made from the unofficial version. Search the internet for rm2k font fix, it's a utility that was created long ago to address the problem you are having.

Omega Five

Advanced Meember
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Found it, downloaded it, and ran it.

However, after "Apply", nothing happens.

So I run the game, and the font just looks the same, why is that?

Millefeuille

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Al Bhed
Primarily Uses
I think it is possible then that the utility is so old that it no longer works on modern OSes. What's happening is a font called RMG2000 is missing from your Windows font directory. It's the one this game uses and it needs to be there for the text to display properly. If you can find that font online somewhere, it's possible you can manually install it.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, yes, installing fonts is easy. If it was included with the game, you should be able to right-click the font and click on install (I'd look in the game directory for a "Fonts" folder or something similar). Alternatively, you can double-click to open the font to preview it, and there should be an install option there, as well.

Omega Five

Advanced Meember
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Last edited by a moderator:

Millefeuille

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Al Bhed
Primarily Uses
A last-ditch effort would be to download the RTP from the official Enterbrain website. You might have to change your computer's regional settings to JP to successfully install the files, I wasn't able to successfully do it with my default settings.

https://tkool.jp/support/download/rpg2000/rtp

If that still fails, you could likely open it in the Steam version of RM2K and convert the project. It should fix the font problems then, but any special modifications made to the game's RPG_RT.exe will be lost in the process.

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
The RTP doesn't install any Fonts, originally the games use MS Gothic and MS Mincho which are installed on Windows by default if you activated the extended east-asian support. Most inofficial RPG2000/2003 translators in the past changed this to custom fonts like "RM2000" and "RMG2000". I don't know which of those cases KWRPG2 is, but you can lookup it with Cherry's FontChanger tool, it'll tell you which ones the Game needs.

Mehwish

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu
Primarily Uses
Other
Follow these steps:

1. Download your .TTF file, i will use as an example sans.ttf
  2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Civilizations II\game\fonts ;to find in your PC: right click in the game in steam and go to properties, then check in local files
  3. Rename rbold.ttf to rbold1.ttf or anything else
  4. Add your .ttf and rename it to rbold: sans.ttf>rbold.ttf
If you keep the original name it wont work, to revert the changes make rbold1>rbold and quit your file

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Mehwish Welcome to the forums! I appreciate you were trying to help out, but please pay close attention to the Date that the last post was made in a thread. If it has been a lot more than 30 days since the last post in a Help/Support thread, we ask that you do not post in it, because it causes confusion. In this case, the last post was over 3 years ago!! :D

(Threads where people publish their Resources, and free Discussion threads that are not asking for help, are not subject to this rule if you have something good to add.)

To prevent confusion, I am locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Plus-size sprite continues! Front and back views done, or at least mostly there depending on if there's any more work you all think she needs. Once I get her done I can get working on her masculine counterpart:
PlusTest-03.gif
My game is basically turning into a 2 on 2 fighting game disguised as an rpg lol. here's eveyone doing their own intro in battle.
Sizzle sizzle sizzle...
zbf1dCZ.gif
Sharing my past was a mistake. Will delete the post when I get access to a working internet connection again.
TFW you get a plugin working correctly with your other plugins ♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡

(CW for minor gore - Einar's Y incision is gone for his test portrait)

Cs5kAbZ.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u-kwaibot