Ravenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Hey, I'd like a quick heads up on this.

I'd like to create skills that - in addition to their normal effects and targets - restore the use's MP. For example, I'd like to have the default "Attack" skill also restore 20 MP to the user.

Thanks in advance! :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can add almost any effect by placing additional commands into the damage formula, where a stands for the user and b for the target.

a.mp += 20; a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2will add 20 points to the skill user's MP before dealing regular damage to the target.

search for damage formulae in this forum, there is a long topic of different commands and effects available to use in the damage formula field

Ravenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
I hadn't realised there was such flexibility in damage formulae. Thanks, I'll certainly look it up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordLycan95