Not open for further replies.

NightRevolt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey guys! So I'm quite new here, and I have been making incredible progress so far with my first project. I'm just doing the game's Introduction, and I believe I nailed what I thought was the hardest part:

I made a scene where the player gets teleported through a portal. But now... I want to start a new event where the screen fades in to a damaged player sprite, as they slowly regain consciousness, and they are finally able to stand up (back to their normal sprite).

The thing is... I think I'm not doing it right. Tried the ''Change Actor Images'' but the standing and damaging sprites actually overlap each other I think. If I make the player transparent, none of the sprites will appear.

How do I achieve what I thought was a simple ''waking up from a fall'' scene?

I use RMMZ!

Thanks in advance for reading!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For this one, I would actually leave the actor's sprite as it is, and turn on transparency to make them invisible. Then I'd put an event there with the down sprite, with a second page with no sprite, conditioned by a switch. When the moment comes for the actor to stand up, turn on the switch and turn off transparency.

If you actually want to show several images as they stand - one down, one sitting, kneeling, etc, then you may need to adjust the spritesheet to look more like the doors - each 'stage' on a different row, then use the Movement Route to make the sprite change directions to cycle through the different stages, before finally standing and being replaced by the real actor sprite.

NightRevolt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I did it! It took some tries, but your knowledge helped me immensely! Thank you very much!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Only 9 things left on the to-do list before my game's next big update. Minus the soul-crushing playtesting session, of course! So close...
Retired from RPG Maker.
Anyone else who initially created a character to be a villain only to end up liking them so much that you made them a hero? :)
Today i'll start creating monster sounds for my enemies :D I was looking forward to that
//Decides to cut his caffeine to a 3rd of the normal amount...
//Spends all weekend in a daze playing dress-up with dolls in Daz3D
:kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deamsrs