Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
In one of my battles, I want my Actor 1 to move away from the group at a certain turn and be positioned at a new location. I tried doing this using the SVActorPosition plugin which came with RMMV, but it seems the plugin command SVActorPosition doesn't work when called from a troop event or a common event, that or I'm doing something wrong.

Could someone shed some light on whether this plugin can be called from within a battle or not? If not, then is there a way to move my actor's positions while in the middle of battle?

PS: I tried using the Yanfly ActionSequence plugins, but the actors always return to their home positions after their skills are complete, which is not the effect I am looking for.

Thanks,

Dr. Delibird

Also known as HRforges
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know for sure this can be done with a plugin because I saw it used in another MV project. Only problem is the owner of the script doesn't want to release it to the public (fair enough, it is theirs after all). Maybe make a plugin request post over in the plugin request section on these forums?

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I was able to get it to work using a script call where I set SceneManager._scene._spriteset._actorSprites[X]._homeX and SceneManager._scene._spriteset._actorSprites[X]._homeY to the location I want. I tried this in a couple of battles and it seems to work. The positions also reset by themselves at the start of battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Profile Posts

its_a_random_world.jpg
Well after half a year of health problems (that aren't as bad as before), and playing with UE4 & 5... I realized I should finish this project before working on something else. So I decided to upgrade my randomizer. And really just focus on compromising wherever I can to finish the project sooner rather than later. :kaoswt:
hmmm. an art of mine was removed from reddit, for a reason not even listed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krockhunter