Changing avatars in the menus to names

milkguese42

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I dislike the appearing of avatars in the menus. Hiding it with SRD's super tool engine, but it's not really doing the job because I still should go through these menus even if they're no shown.
So how do I change that? How do I make that when I click on menu options like 'skills' or 'status' I will just simply choose one of the names of my actors, instead of seeing their face?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a plugin that rewrites those scenes, and that would have to be a custom one because I don't think anyone else wanted that look before.

So you should make a topic in plugin requests with a good description of what you want the menues to look like, preferably with a mock-up picture. Your post here is a bit short on the details that would tell a programmer what is needed in the plugin.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I dislike the appearing of avatars in the menus. How do I make that when I click on menu options like 'skills' or 'status' I will just simply choose one of the names of my actors, instead of seeing their face?
you'll need a plugin that rewrites those scenes, and that would have to be a custom one because I don't think anyone else wanted that look before.

So you should make a topic in plugin requests with a good description of what you want the menus to look like, preferably with a mock-up picture. Your post here is a bit short on the details that would tell a programmer what is needed in the plugin.
Exactly, need more info... I started to make this for you then was like wait umm... what? lol
A mock up picture would be helpful. Do you just want the players face removed or do you also want the rest shifted over or stretched left like this:
1585193232807.png

Last edited:

milkguese42

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Exactly, need more info... I started to make this for you then was like wait umm... what? lol
A mock up picture would be helpful. Do you just want the players face removed or do you also want the rest shifted over or stretched left like this:
View attachment 137897
I'm Sorry, I really haven't explained myself well.
I also got confused as for what the original menus look like because I edited them quite a while ago using SRD's SuperToolEngine.

Anyways, what I wish to have is something like that:
wantedmenu1.png

The little window with the actor names will show up only after choosing Skill\Equip\Status. Then, the player will choose in the small names window which actor he's checking the Skills\Equipment\Status of.
The names window will be very simple, it will show just the names and not statuses, levels or anything like that. It will simply be there just for choosing an actor.
For seeing the statuses, there will be HUD windows on the screen\the status menu, instead of the window you choose actor in. But this is not required for this plugin; for this plugin I only need the 'only name' feature, and I will put the statuses somewhere else after it.

After choosing an actor, it will show the default window. In this picture I show what it would look, for example, if the player clicked Skills > Actor name 1.

wantedmenu2.png

Imo it will be much simpler and easy to use menu than the default. And I'm kinda surprised none asked for this before because for me it sounded quite basic... Anyway, Thank you for taking the time!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.
The No Travel Game Jam is here! Jump in to make a game in the month of April that takes place all in one town!

Decided to take a stab at video editing.... Even made a clickbait screen. I'm so proud of my sellout ways. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flane