AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I put up a demo of my project so far and someone pointed out that I should have music in my demo. Currently the music is being worked on and might take awhile, but I was wondering if it's possible to put in audio files that I can change later without having to update every instance of it in the editor?

I'll give an example:
While I'm waiting for my custom music, I decide to put some temporary BGMs in my project. I put in an OGG sound file (that's a non-original piece of music) and call it "projectBattleTheme.ogg". I get halfway through my project and my sound person finishes the battle theme. So I title the new original file as "projectBattleTheme.ogg" and replace the old one.

Now let's say in the editor/project, I call up that sound file on more than just default battles. When I update the file, will I have to update each instance in the editor where I've called upon that piece of music or will it update and work as it should?

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The game will play whatever music file has the name 'projectBattleTheme.ogg'. You will not need to go back in and change anything in the database or events as long as the new music file has the same name as the old one.

Kacie

RNGesus
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you overwrite an audio file, you will be absolutely fine. If you are wanting to change the actual file name from "projectBattleTheme.ogg" to something completely different, then you would have to go back through and change each audio file event individually. So, you are good if you just overwrite the audio files, yes.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you had to change the name of the music file, you could just open up each map file (Map001.json, Map002.json, etc) and do a find/replace on the name of the file since all the data files in MV are plain text. Much easier than finding and updating each entry in the editor.

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you had to change the name of the music file, you could just open up each map file (Map001.json, Map002.json, etc) and do a find/replace on the name of the file since all the data files in MV are plain text. Much easier than finding and updating each entry in the editor.
Dayumn, now that's a good trick.
Thanks for the responses, you two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakshitkaneki